Discuss Cooking Summer Newsletter!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And since Bugs is still underage she won't be using those Grand Marnier marshmallows either...but I might! Send some my way Wyogal.

easy peasy, just toss in grand marnier instead of vanilla with the gelatin
or your favorite liquer/brandy. The scent is heavenly when toasted... the marshmallows, that is!

I do have to thank MexicoKaren for that wonderful meatball recipe. I'm already rethinking it into "Mexican Turkey Meatball Sub Sandwiches" - lol!!! Yeah, yeah I know - not authentic & somewhat sacreligious to Karen's version, but I just think it would be SO GOOD!! LOL!!!

nobody likes smores???? what the heck??

oh well more for me
You would have loved to have been at the Phish festival I was at a number of years ago. They made the worlds largest Smore. It must have been about half the size of a football field and about 8 inches thick. They passed out hunks of it to everyone who walked by. One hunk was enough to feed 10 people. MMMMMM.

So, did anyone find the recurring phrase used by three different contributors in the newsletter?

(A certain mother and daughter are exempt from this and you know who you are :LOL:)

Thanks, Derek.
I do allow myself some dark/bittersweet chocolate once in awhile and savour it like you wouldn't believe. In fact it is the only chocolate I cook with - unless an order calls for something different. Ask Barbara L. about my stash in the fireplace some time :LOL:

I just wanted Bugs to have more s'mores!;)
If I have the chance to visit soon, that stash will just be a memory! You'd better move it before Christmas or Santa will have a little trouble getting back up the chimney!

:LOL:Barbara
P.S. The newsletter was great! And I still haven't found the recurring phrase! I usually catch that kind of thing right away!

Last edited:
:LOL: You had to click that "Are you sure?" box, huh?
2009!? No wonder I didn't remember a summer newsletter :LOL:

Yes I did! I was cruising around trying to find some harvesty type recipes and some summery ones and remembered there were some good ones here.

:-p So there!

Can you let me know what you classify as a "fun" newsletter? I am in the process of redoing mine and am looking for some compelling ideas.

Hmmm....I like to learn things about people I sort of know. I like to learn new recipes, and techniques and I like to read stories or reminiscences.

Mostly, for me the newsletter is about making or strengthening connections with people.

Can I send you my next newsletter and get your reaction to it? If so let me know where. I will not add you to the subscription list but will indicate how you could subscribe should you think it's worthwhile.

My store is high end mostly European cookware so the newsletter is about cooking, food and related. Our motto is "Cooking and entertaining should be easy and more fun" So we try to have stories that support that focus. We are not always successful in this but close most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom