Discuss Cooking v2.0 - Details and Feedback

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To see the new "look", do I need to do something? My hasn't changed since the initial changes (I just have the plain blue page with thread title ... no I don't use the power thingy because I didn't bookmark it and can't remember exactly what to put in). Also, second the side bar being too wide.

Here's an interesting one! The new colors are much more defined on my computer at home than here at work. As a result, it's much easier to read on my Mac! I guess that has to do with the settings on the computer here at work, which I am not at liberty to change. :wacko:

I have had issues like that in the past. A page would look great on one computer and terrible on another. I have seen monitors that make the best page look like a 2 year old's drawing.

I just want to say thanks for the skin chooser. Just me, anything too bright is hard on my eyes so I appreciate being able to use the old skin.

Nice work Andy, I like! Just a few things I think:

1. I think the sidebar, as mentioned, is a little too wide - better to leave more space for the main body. As it is now, it really makes the page very "busy" and I find it hard to concentrate

2. Would be nice to have the "latest recipe discussions" higher up on the page, above the ads (to me, its more convenient somehow)

3. Any thought about having a "video" section? I know we can paste in youtube tags and stuff in our messages, but it might be nice to have a section dedicated to videos

Nice work though - I really like the changes

To see the new "look", do I need to do something? My hasn't changed ... Also, second the side bar being too wide.
That is really strange, I did not see new look until today, weird.
Doesn't matter I guess. I do not really like the colors too pail, too pastel for my taste. The side bar, I suppose, is what makes money for the owner. Since I am not paying I'll have to live with advertisements.

WOW! I go away for a day & I return to such a new & beautiful new page. Spectacular. Thank you for making this not only a wonderful place to share food & friends, but for making it beautiful.

:chef:

thanks for the new look, I am now able to see some of thing that everyone else was talking about, like Karma, it is going to be interesting to see what else pops up. I am on INTERNET Explorer and everything seems to be working just fine. Thanks again.

can I have the old look back?? :huh:

Cara, if you click on User CP just above the thread bar, go to edit options in the left side bar. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and you can choose which "skin" you want and can go back to the old one.

You can also scroll to the bottom of any page and on the bottom left there will be a dropdown box where you can choose Discuss Cooking v1.0 or v2.0.

You can also scroll to the bottom of any page and on the bottom left there will be a dropdown box where you can choose Discuss Cooking v1.0 or v2.0.
I hadn't noticed that before! Thanks GB. I found the other when I went in to turn off the right side bar.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom