Do you filter your tap kitchen water for drinking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We filter almost all the water we use for drinking and cooking. We use a Britta filter and change it every 8 weeks. My BIL only filters the water he uses for making tea, to get rid of the chlorine. He can taste the difference. I don't know if I taste the difference, because we always use filtered water in the kettle. Also, they may add more chlorine to the water in Cornwall than we get in our water supply.

Last edited:
I have a 30 cup Britta dispenser in the refrigerator for drinking. I also have a Britta pitcher on the countertop for cooking and coffee.

i'm not sure why britta filters are making some kind of sour taste to the water especially upon the replacement of the filter.
can't they overcome the sour taste somehow?

i'm not sure why britta filters are making some kind of sour taste to the water especially upon the replacement of the filter.
can't they overcome the sour taste somehow?

That's odd. I have never noticed a sour taste to the Britta water.

You wrote that it is especially on replacement of the filter. Does the sour taste fade over the weeks until the next replacement?

That's odd. I have never noticed a sour taste to the Britta water.

You wrote that it is especially on replacement of the filter. Does the sour taste fade over the weeks until the next replacement?

my sister has a britta jar and i always noticed tangy/sour taste in the water.
when you replace to a new filter and initialize it by dipping it in water it is still having this taste for a while. it takes some time until it is not very noticeable. but it is still noticeable to some degree.

at least by me

someone wrote elsewhere that the filters under the sink are collecting a lot of bad things tthat you shouldn't drink.

this led me to ask it here and hopefully someone will have a reliable answer on that.

Yes. Always have. Grew up in the 'burbs of NY and our lake water was brown. Always. These days in NV we have a countertop tank, and a filtered pitcher in the fridge. Add a shot of colloidal silver and we're good to go.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom