Do you give your pets gifts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
(disclaimer) I don't do it, but my Cairn Terrier gets a stocking we fill with treats and toys.

25078-albums145-picture1380.jpg

Dixie, Havaña and Sparky get presents every year. Dixie steals them from Sparky and Havaña, Sparky steals them back from Dixie and Havaña hoardes them once everybody else is tired of them.

Dixie charging those batteries so that she can be ready for the big Holiday Heist!

3107640794_a2cdc21576.jpg

this might sound a bit weird, but we have a jewish cat. so i gave him his first 2 presents for hannukah - fresh cat grass, and a catnip plant.

the rest of the pets (2 parrots, 2 cats, 1 turtle, and 4 hermit crabs) are catholic, so they have to wait until thursday. the birds get things to destroy, the cats get catnip filled toys, the turtle gets brine shrimp, and the hermit crabs get nothing. they're atheists. they're just lucky not to get a pool of hot butter...

We get for our pets. The little furball is my sister's dog Coco and the big hairy dog is Ollie, our boder collie/shepherd mix.
04_Coco__Close_.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

lol, no. no hermit nookie going on, lee.

in fact we're down one. i think it got eaten by the others.

Absolutely. My doggie, a big 70 lb mutt gets so excited when he sees the tree come up. He's like a kid, sniffing out the presents, wondering which ones are his!

I gather up toys from under the furniture and give them back to my kitties. They are so excited and don't really care if the toys are new.

When I read the title "do you give pet gifts" I thought it was about people who give pets as gifts. I wanted santa to bring me a puppy but "Santa" does not agree that I should have one.

Aspen gets a big smoked beefbone on Christmas, Thanksgiving and her birthday as well as a new collar every birthday. This will be the 1st Christmas with the cat, but she doesn't like treats or catnip. (Of course I get the cat that isn't affected by catnip lol...)

Our animals, 1 cat (Mira) and 2 dogs (Skidder and Kenya) get the usual round of bones, toys, catnip, chewies, tennis balls, etc. Skidder gets his all wrapped up because that his greatest joy in life is to open Christmas Presents. Kenya would just rather have the toys right away. And Mira usually shows the typical kitty indifference.

I'm on a budget this year, so Buster & Lily are getting a new Nylabone each, plus one toy and a monster sized bag of Beggin' Strips. They might get some ham on Christmas Day in their chow bowls too.

Here are a couple of pics of this morning. Molly went straight for her stocking, lol
Rebel loves to have them all thrown up at once.

Attachments

• 100_2457.jpg
    100_2457.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 155
  • 100_2460.jpg
    100_2460.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 140
  • 100_2471.jpg
    100_2471.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 157
  • 100_2476.jpg
    100_2476.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 150
the cats have been wasted on catnip all day. :cool: especially our jewish cat. looks like he's had too many manischevitzes.

i think they all think they're experiencing "fear and loathing in las vegas".

the birds await their presents. the turtle does too.

the hermit crabs just tuck one claw into the elbow of the rising other claw every time i say merry christmas to them.

little bastids.

Of Course!!!! The cats got new organic catnip toys which they've been drunkenly rolling around with all day, plus a few cans of pricey gourmet cat food for supper. The dogs got some new flexible "Nylabones", along with some big meaty beef shank bones, & a few stuffed toys that I know will be torn to shreds in a nanosecond, so I won't be handing those out until I can completely supervise. The cockatoo got a new acrylic gear-turning toy, along with a wooden Xmas tree toy to tear apart.

Aspen gets a big smoked beefbone on Christmas, Thanksgiving and her birthday as well as a new collar every birthday. This will be the 1st Christmas with the cat, but she doesn't like treats or catnip. (Of course I get the cat that isn't affected by catnip lol...)
:LOL: Our two cats also are not affected by catnip they show some initial interest and then just walk away:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom