Do you have a good recipe for Broccoli Cheese Soup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karimitch

Assistant Cook
My boss at work always makes broccoli cheese soup and I have decided to try it at home. My boss flat out refuses to give me the recipe that she uses though. I really don't just want to pull a recipe off the internet and try it blindly, I was hoping that one of you would have a recipe that you use. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

TGI FRIDAY'S BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP

TGI FRIDAY'S BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP

4 c. chicken broth
1 c. water
1 c. half-and-half
4 slices Kraft Cheddar Singles
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. dried minced onion
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
4 c. broccoli florets (bite-size)

Garnish:
1/2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
2 tsp. minced fresh parsley

Combine chicken broth, water, half-and-half, cheese, flour, onion and pepper in a large saucepan. Whisk to combine and to break up any lumps of flour, then turn heat to medium/high. Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Add broccoli to soup and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until broccoli is tender but not soft. For each serving, spoon 1 cup of soup into a bowl and garnish with a tablespoon of shredded cheese and a pinch of parsley. Makes 6 servings.

Broccoli Beer and Cheese Soup

This is a FABULOUS recipe.

Broccoli Beer and Cheese Soup
3 tb Butter
1 Onion, chopped
1 Celery stalk, chopped
2 Carrots, chopped
3 tb Flour
2 c Beef broth
2 Potatoes, peeled and cubed
5 c Broccoli, fresh, cut into florets and pieces
12 oz Bottle of dark beer (Guinness, Honey Lager, Bass, etc)
1 c Whipping cream
Grated nutmeg to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
3 c Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Additional shredded cheese for garnish

1.Melt butter in a large pot. Add onion, celery and carrots; cook until soft, about five minutes.
2.Stir in flour and cook one minute, stirring often. Stir in broth. Add potatoes and beer. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes and then add broccoli. Simmer another 10 minutes until potatoes are soft.
3.Transfer 1/2 of vegetables to a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Return to pan and add cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Reheat to a simmer. Add cheese, 1/2 cup at a time and stir until melted. DO NOT BOIL. Serve hot with additional cheese.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom