Do you have these mushrooms in your area?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef
they are so meaty and so tasty. pretty amazing.
in israel they're called forest mushroom but don't remember the english name.

you really must try.

they are ready in moments.

but remember that they can't be eaten raw.

they look much better in reality..

Attachments

• photo1653933768.jpg
    photo1653933768.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 56
We have a kind we call poison mushrooms in our area.

There was a fairy ring of mushrooms in the lawn a few years back, poison again.
Occasionally we see puff ball mushrooms, in forested areas, morels, and in the ice age hiking trail area we picked up an oyster mushroom.

I haven't personally run across any chicken of the woods mushrooms but Wisconsin has those growing on trees.

That picture of the mushrooms looks like they are already cut up and cooked. They look like lots of kinds of mushrooms.

How about posting a picture of the mushrooms before they are cut or cooked? That would give us a much better idea.

Or, you could look them up on Wikipedia and give us the link, but if you do, please tell us what the link is for.

exactly

it can compete with real meat.
and i say it as a meat eater
no much protein tho

Last edited:
Seeing-to-Believe, people should get 50-60 grams of protein per day, plant or animal protein. If you are eating enough plant food, or plant and animal food, or animal food to survive on, then you are getting enough protein. Excess protein is hard on the kidneys and once the kidneys wear out, they don't grow back. People that do body building actually use more than average so take in more.

If someone doesn't know how much they get in a day they can look it up on an app like cronometer.com, free. I eat plant food and get more than enough protein for my weight.

We love mushrooms here and we buy button mushrooms in bulk amounts when they go on sale, then cook and freeze, and I've canned cases of them too. A portabella burger is delicious. Tomato and mushroom sauce for spaghetti. Mushrooms on a plant based pizza. Mushroom gravy. I just asked mr bliss what he likes mushrooms in, and his answer was 'everything'. lol

I love all ' cooked' mushrooms, including oysters ( Im not a big fan of raw mushrooms).
My most common uses for oyster mushrooms are:

- Marinating them ( with a mix of other mushrooms)
- Including them in Mushroom Barley Soup
- Using them in a mushroom rice

I've seen recipes of " Kentucky Fried Oyster Mushrooms" and Barbecued Oyster Mushrooms, which I will eventually attempt to make .

Here 2 of the ways I grow them indoors.

These are one of the varieties I grow each year during the fall and winter months.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 3.47.08 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 3.47.08 AM.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 3.46.07 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 3.46.07 AM.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 17
Yes, They sell kits, and supplies to grow them. They are relatively easily grown, compared to other mushrooms.

Frying them up with salt pepper, oil is great too.
Ill sometimes fry them ( or any mushroom up) with salt , pepper, olive oil and garlic, then add some pasta at the end.

cool
thank you for letting me know
when i will write a post in my website on the subject of these mushrooms i will use your information about it easy to grow..

cool
but they are only good for two or three cycles of growing. no?

i will need to figure out how to grow it in a bucket.. and how to collect all the matrials

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom