Do you know?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure but the calzone is probably made something like a pasty, flat with pinched edges and the stromboli is kind of rolled up and plumper. I've never thought much about it since I'm willing to enjoy either no matter what name they tack on.

If I responded in that thread I probably said a Stromboli is rolled, where when sliced the ingredients make a spiral, and a calzone is folded over upon the ingredients (and sealed), like an omelette.
Also, calzones are typically served with sauce on the side. Stromboli is eaten as is... or maybe I just prefer them that way.

Stromboli, is rolled like a jelly roll. You roll out the dough and layer your meat & cheese, (what ever stuffing you like) Then roll it, seal it & bake it.

Calzone is just folded over on its self and sealed like you would a pasty.

Last edited:
The reason why we like stromboli and not calzones is because around here, calzones have ricotta cheese. It's not that we don't like ricotta...we like it in lasagne, and I can eat it right out of the carton with a spoon. For some reason, we just don't like it in a calzone. We order a meatball stromboli...meatballs, sauce and cheese, and I think our place uses pizza dough.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom