Do you name your appliances?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't as a rule name any inanimate objects, I have however, begun to call my Roomba vacuum Rosie. We have a heavy duty stapler at work, that someone named "Big Bertha". I'm not taking the survey either ;)

I sure didn't click the link and he can read whatever we have to say right here.

In light of CG's experience, maybe it would be safer for those unaware, if a mod just disabled his link.

I sure didn't click the link and he can read whatever we have to say right here.

In light of CG's experience, maybe it would be safer for those unaware, if a mod just disabled his link.

That's what I wanted to suggest but I was worried that others might want to do it. I've learned to be VERY hinky about links-----so far no really bad experience but the potential is there. I know of too many people who can winkle more information than you can believe by people who want to do that.

Another thing, as long as I am skirting on making enemies----- posting pictures taken at your home with the GPS turned on can give information. I'm not saying it's a problem here, but in other forums people put pics of their cute little girls in front of their homes on forums.

It's too bad our times have gotten this way. :(

IMO one can never be to careful, so I'm sure in your corner there cave. It's one reason I have nothing at all to do with social media, but that's another kettle of worms for discussion another time.

Who said the rest of us clicked the link to do the survey cave? A while back I didn't click on a link, but when I checked on a website that had been mentioned by a newer poster I opened a new window and entered the website addy manually. Got a nasty virus that Himself spent a few hours eradicating and making sure our system was safe again. Once burned, twice shy.

Besides, you have to admit that some of our answers have been a bit amusing. :LOL:

I clicked on the link GG put up of an alternate sous vide method (I think) and at least twenty tabs opened up. They were popping up and quickly as I was trying to close them all down. I had to hit the power button. No idea what happened, but I was not a happy camper.

Posting pictures with the GPS turned on?
What do you mean? I don't think I've ever seen that.

Posting pictures with the GPS turned on?
What do you mean? I don't think I've ever seen that.

You have the option of letting everyone know where you are and what you're doing on a lot of social media like Facebook and Twitter, along with a bunch of other websites. Your exact location can be pinpointed. You also have the option of turning it off, but you need to go into Settings and do it one app at a time.

I clicked on the link GG put up of an alternate sous vide method (I think) and at least twenty tabs opened up. They were popping up and quickly as I was trying to close them all down. I had to hit the power button. No idea what happened, but I was not a happy camper.

Oh, no - sorry about that! I had no idea that would happen.

Of course you name cats. They are people! And they certainly aren't inanimate. :ermm: Well, at least not for about an hour a day! :LOL:
I want to know why Monkey isn't animated for ONLY one hour a day! When does this kitten stage end? Or am I doomed for letting her be called Monkey.

I want to know why Monkey isn't animated for ONLY one hour a day! When does this kitten stage end? Or am I doomed for letting her be called Monkey.
She'll be running around "kitteny" for a few years.

0 - Birth
1 - Sexual Maturity
2 - Physical Maturity
3 - Adulthood

That seems about right to me. At least they are only adolescents for about 2 years.

Boy, did this thread get derailed big time.

I name my appliances. Washer, dryer, sink, stove. You get the idea. My appliances are here to serve a purpose. Not be pampered by naming them. Their performances will not improve with a name. :angel:

If you consider assigning a model designation to an inanimate object "naming", then yes I have done so. One such object was the CY-BORG-1.:ohmy: Yes it was based on a "Borg Cube".

All my appliances have names.... there's "fridge", "coffee maker", "juicer", etc. ;)

My smartphone GPS is the only inanimate object that I've given a human name. I call it Margaret, after my wife's elderly Aunt. Not only does the voice sound similar but, like old Aunt Margaret, it also has a tendency to sometimes get turned around the wrong way. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom