Do you put milk in your tea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you put milk in your tea?

• Total voters

GB

Chief Eating Officer
There seems to be two schools of thought. either you put milk in your tea or you do not. I think I was proabably at least 20 years old before I ever saw or heard of anyone putting milk in theirs. I found it very odd, but now I relalize maybe I was the odd one. I still have not even tried it myself (I am not a big milk fan).

Depends on the type of tea of course.

But when I'm having a stock-standard cup of black tea then milk will be making an appearance.

Milk in teas like Assam or Ceylon - lemon in Earl Grey or Lady Grey or Lapsang Souchong. 8)

i do. i don't drink tea alot though.
my mom calls tea her "nectar of life"
and she always always always adds milk to it

I do not drink a lot of tea, I am a coffee addict, but I do enjoy lemon-ginger (from Stash), cardomom-cinnamon (from Republic of Tea) and occasionally Green in which I put a little honey and lemon, and black tea seasoned with Italian Orange syrup and lemonade. Milk would not make these mixes pleasant.

I use milk sometimes, but only in black tea. I like it best with some honey mixed in as well. I got hooked on this one summer when we seemed to have thunderstorms late at night several times a week. Have no idea why! Now I associate tea with milk and honey with a late-night comfort drink.

i never put milk in my tea. i love milk; i drink at least a half gallon a week by myself, but i prefer not in tea. my dad, and most irish guys i know have a little tea with their hot water and milk.

Definetly in my hot tea. I have to have my 2 cups every morning or I can't function. I'm not into herbal or any fancy teas.....just your plain old Lipton Tea Bags ;) . Add a few tsp. of sugar and a splash of milk and awwwwwwwwwww I can start my morning.

Definately milk in hot black tea, (not fussy, Liptons or Sams Club is fine for me. I don't like PG Tips, which makes me a traitor to my own country LOL!), Lady Grey or Earl Grey. No milk in herbal teas. Tea is ALWAYS served hot. Never, ever give cold tea to a Brit. We will pass out with horror LOL!

Paint.

I would put it in my regular black tea everyday at work, but I'm cheap and don't like to spend nearly a dollar for a little school-sized box of milk.

Green tea with toasted rice and a splash of honey is my all time favorite.

I'll add a dash of soy or cream, whichever I have on hand, to most other kinds though.

I'm not much of an herbal tea drinker, not sure why.

:heart:
Z

because brewing rocks and twigs isn't really tea?

i don't understand the appeal of chai, but as the 'bug says, vive la difference...

"q" sarah sarah dude!

I orginally started drinking tea with Japanese teas, and the tradition is to not put anything in your tea. Especially since many (not all) Japanese teas tend to be delicate (also the tradition comes from Shintoism, but thats another story).

Anyways I find if you have really high quality teas you really dont need anything added, the flavor of the tea rules. Similar to coffee or wine, when you have gourmet quality teas anything you add would mask the subtle flavors.

As far as favorite tea, I've been really into this lately:
http://www.teanobi.com/products/loose/l013.html
and this:
http://www.teanobi.com/products/loose/l012.html

However, I have so much tea around the house it really isnt fair to say any are my favorites.

Last edited:
Drink bucket loads of tea every day & yes always with milk (& a half teaspoon of sugar per teacup - NEVER in a mug). And it must be hot, hot, hot!!!! Love my tea!!!!!! Probably only have about 3 cups of coffee per week compared to about 50 or more cups of tea!!!:ROFLMAO:

SK

Love black tea, Earl Gray and English Breakfast are my favorites but, I drink a lot of Red Rose and Lipton too. Decafe and reg.

Love milk too but, never in the same cup as my tea.

I haven't found a herbal tea that I like yet... lemon is ok, once in a great while but, that's about it.

A good cup of tea...

A good hot cup of regualr black tea is really really hard to find in a restaurant in the US, when I've had the nerve to order, I always seem to get just a splash of tepid water, and an insipid tea bag.
I like mine with milk and 2 tsp. sugar. Prefer tea-cups, but a mug will do and it must be HOT. A really good cup of tea restores the soul (well, mine, anyway). -Sandy

Back
Top Bottom