Do you rinse your Quinoa?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The quinoa we have on hand was from a bulk bin, but I don't recall from where. I have no idea if it was prewashed or not. Usually I rinse the quinoa, but I really find it's a real pain because I'm getting those tiny seeds imbedded in the strainer, or the strainer rim, or into the sink...argghhh. The last time I made some I just threw it in the pot and cooked it as usual. I didn't notice any difference in the cooking , the texture or the flavor. Worked well for me.

The quinoa we have on hand was from a bulk bin, but I don't recall from where. I have no idea if it was prewashed or not. Usually I rinse the quinoa, but I really find it's a real pain because I'm getting those tiny seeds imbedded in the strainer, or the strainer rim, or into the sink...argghhh. The last time I made some I just threw it in the pot and cooked it as usual. I didn't notice any difference in the cooking , the texture or the flavor. Worked well for me.

That's the part I hate, those little seeds everywhere. Even if I use a fine mesh strainer, I still end up with quinoa seed in various places.

Thanks for the reply :)

Back
Top Bottom