Do you watch your weight when you cook all this lovely stuff?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We all like to cook or would like to do so , here apparently ...
do you get to eat from all the yummy things ou do???

do you work out ??

or forgetting yourself in the kitchen ?????:ermm:

I absolutely adore cooking. I am at peace in the kitchen, but I am also SUFFERING from obesity. 3 months ago I decided that I was going to start eating to live instead of living to eat. I have been adapting many of my favorite recipes to my new permanent lifestyle and have lost 28 pounds so far and my DH has lost 38 pounds. I don't ever let myself feel deprived, because than I will fail. I do exercise, right now due to bad knees I am walking, but I am walking 30-45 minutes a day in my swimming pool. It is less stress on my arthritic joints.

The pounds do tend to creep up when all the goodies are available. It wasn't a problem when our children were home because there were more people to eat them, but since they are gone and we are retired, we both have to manage our diets better. I don't make the real goodies, especially sweets, unless others are here, or I'm taking it away. Also, I try to cook for just the two of us and in smaller amounts. That is helping.

getoutamykitchen, wow. I am just so impressed with your story. That takes a lot of thought and will. Good for you.

getoutamykitchen, wow. I am just so impressed with your story. That takes a lot of thought and will. Good for you.

Thanks Alix- I had to do something, cause at my highest weight I was 160 lbs. overweight. I now only have 132 lbs. to go. I have a beautiful 12 yr. old son and I want to live to see him graduate, get married, have children, etc.

Making any kind of change in your life is difficult and for some reason changing our dietary habits seems to be one of the most difficult changes to make. I heartily applaud anyone who can do it and do it without feeling like a martyr. Does that make sense? It seems to me that you will continue to have great success because you are making a life change and not just "dieting". Big difference. Do you have pictures of your son posted? I'd love to see them.

And sorry to hijack, I am one of those people who can bake a jillion things and only just taste them to make sure they are ok. I don't feel any desire to eat all of what I bake at all. Now sometimes I will pig out on something a bit odd like broccoli wild rice casserole or green bean casserole but not the goodies usually.

While in cooking school this year, I gained about 15 pounds!!!! I couldn't just throw away the food!!
Yesterday I made a 4-layer cake, with a vanilla pudding filling, and buttercream. I gave it away, which was quite gratifying!
I like to walk, but because I was on my feet on concrete all day in school and at the apartment I was staying in, my feet are shot. Now that I am back home, they are getting better. Hope to get the bicycle out for some rides along our town's fabulous walkway along the river. It goes through town, about 11 miles, along the Oregon Trail.

Rather than not eat what I make, I've lightened them up, use more whole grains, etc. If I'm agonna bake it, I'm agonna eat it. I even make rice krispy treats with toasted pumpkin seeds, apple juice-sweetened dried cranberries, organic brown rice cereal, and soy marshmallow fluff. I throw in a couple of tablespoons of that healthier-option butter-like-product for a 9x13 pan. It's delicious and guilt free. Even so, my beloved is the one who eats most of my cooking. I work out about 10 hours per week, have an active job, but do have familial high cholesterol, hence the stricter diet and slavish devotion to my spin, step, and kickboxing classes, as well as my mountain bike when weather permits.

I've always eaten like a horse without putting any weight on but after hitting 28 (and getting married) I've put on around a stone (14lb) of pure chub. We don't eat junk food and the majority of our diet is fresh veg and pasta but when I cook something nice I go all out. Buckets of cream, slabs of butter, enough pork belly to sink a small ship...it's worth the love handles. :mrgreen:

" I am one of those people who can bake a jillion things and only just taste them to make sure they are ok"
Alix, that is the way I am at holiday time. After making so many things I don't want to eat them, especially sweets. I don't even want to smell them. My problem is everyday good food.

Most of the time, by the time I'm finished cooking dinner I have smelled that food cooking for too long. I also have a tendency to taste as I go, so it's just not that appealing to me. It's really kinda sad.:(

generally i cook for me only. snacks are popcorn etc. when i do bake about once a week, i save a few for me and give the rest to son or grandson. about twice a month i made a six person sized recipe . i take out maybe two servings for myself. the rest my son stops by and takes.

as for holidays, i try to send as much home with guests as i can. again only keeping a serving or two for me. i am overweight but not obese. i think not have to much temptation around helps.

No. Why do you ask?

437b1369dc751.gif

I love to cook and love to eat. I never think about weight gain. I am overweight but I am fine, i can do lots of work and I am fine.

I absolutely adore cooking. I am at peace in the kitchen, but I am also SUFFERING from obesity. 3 months ago I decided that I was going to start eating to live instead of living to eat. I have been adapting many of my favorite recipes to my new permanent lifestyle and have lost 28 pounds so far and my DH has lost 38 pounds. I don't ever let myself feel deprived, because than I will fail. I do exercise, right now due to bad knees I am walking, but I am walking 30-45 minutes
a day in my swimming pool. It is less stress on my arthritic joints.
\

I really loved what you wrote ....
and i gess loosig 28 pounds ae not easy at all ! so well done !!!!!!!!!

keep up the good work ..
!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom