Do you write a diary?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My mother "cured me" of that when I was a teenager. She snooped in my diary and then made fun of me for what I had written. I still have a hard time of writing down personal thoughts.

Always seemed to get them as either Christmas presents or Birthday. Never understood the reason behind wanting to keep one. I would write in it for 2 days then forget about it for 8 months or so. Till I got a new one, :rolleyes:.

Never write down what you don't want others to see. A secret is a secret only when one person knows it.

I've mentioned before I bind books with coptic stitching.

Journals with lines can be used as a gratefulness journal, or just to keep track of activities each day. Or a food diary. The story of your life. Or a diary journal. Lots of ways to use them.
Journals without lines can be used to display photos, make sketches or paintings.

Our grandkids use them for sketching and art, and for keeping track of their sports successes and failures and to remember high school stuff.
I keep one for different binding methods, and I use them for sketching and painting.

blissful, you're absolutely right. I didn't think of a "diary" in those terms. I thought only of personal thoughts type of diary.

I actually kept a calender with large day blocks and wrote in the meals I prepared. For almost 2 years. It was quite helpful. Stopped for some reason and now I don't "cook" enuf to start it up again.

I sometimes make notes of cooking in my regular calendar that I keep for appointments, etc. When someone comes to visit. Something extra with the Grands, things like that. So I guess that could be called a diary.

My son (and others I know) keep everything on their phone calenders. I do for appointments, as it will send me timely 'reminders', but with my wall cal. (usually from the pharmacy or grocers - free!) I will sometimes 'go back' and fill in something special that has happened.
I also find the wall cal. much easier to look things up - you can see one month, plus what all that is written, in one glance. Phone's are limited in space for just glancing so scrolling thru takes much longer to find something.

Yeah, I guess if we include other stuff than just the personal thoughts, then I sort of keep a couple of diaries. I use the meal planner on Copy Me That and update it when our meal plans change. I also keep a couple of spreadsheets. One is for my migraines and one is for other health related things.

Yeah, I guess if we include other stuff than just the personal thoughts, then I sort of keep a couple of diaries. I use the meal planner on Copy Me That and update it when our meal plans change. I also keep a couple of spreadsheets. One is for my migraines and one is for other health related things.
I keep my notes on the phone's notepad. :)
And anything I must take when I go out, I write them on a piece of paper and stick it on the door handle. So I will never forget them before leaving. lol.

I like the door handle trick! Thanks for the tip!

I used to post them at eye level and I still would walk out without! I was always looking down so as not to let a cat or dog out.

I usually keep a pencil and a piece of paper always ready. I write the stuff as I remember them. And then either stick it on the door handle, or hang on the key (piercing the paper)

Whatever I remember while walking on the road, I record it on the phone, using the phone voice recorder.
If I doubt that I would forget something later, I set an alarm on the phone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom