Donut Factory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbb87

Cook
Has anyone ever used the Dazey Donut Factory or a product very similar to it? I have something very similar to it but much, much older and when I tried to make donuts, they didn't come out right. I followed the instructions and even tried doing it my own way and nothing worked. The top of the donut won't cook properly (though still edible). I tried flipping the donut over but that didn't really help too much.

Am I doing something wrong or does this product just not work correctly?

Also, would someone happen to have a donut recipe I could use in this thing that doesn't require using 1/4 cup of oil or more? If I wanted greasy donuts I'd cook them in the deep fryer, LOL.

Donuts need to be deep fried.

Try making scones if you want something healthy. ;)

Mmmmm... Scones. 8)

As it turns out, the recipe I was given was missing a key ingredient: baking powder. I'll try again tomorrow and see if that makes a difference.

I bought one of these at a yard sale. It only cooks one side, so you are never going to get anything that resembles a commercial donut. They are passable, but not great. As the wise man says, they gotta be deep fried. The awful, fattening truth!

When I added the missing ingredient (baking powder), the donut came out fine. It did cook on both sides but one side got cooked a little more than the other. It did taste more like cake than a donut but I don't mind. As a child I loved those Hostess brand of donuts which I think are baked, not fried. Though, nothing is as good as a fried donut, but for me baked will do just fine (for now).

Now, onto the next mission: to make a chocolate donut. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom