Down On The Farm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
Well boy's and girls I was down to a buds farm picking cherries and checking out two day old hogs, What fun they are to watch.
Took Val into the barn where the cows are milked, Also collected brown eggs. I plan on rolling down there tomorrow as a another sow is about to give birth, The two day olds number 14, The 15th checked out. I will take pics. I just wish I could of had the camera then. ( DARN) Hog's are fun in more way than one! What a blast to see my wife's face full of a smile when she picked up a two day old baby piggy, She said "cutie baby" I said " BACON" :grin:

Sounds like a fun day. Too bad they don't have stuff like that in the city :-(

Bacon for sure =P~

Did you throw #15 on the pit for a late night snack? Should have saved the rack and turned in the whole rack of spares. Would have loved to see the judges' faces on that one. Talk about tender. :!:

Well Bubba, Two days old is a little too young for me to cook. Hay, Ya want to come over and help cut there teeth? Yea, It's done with a tile nipper right down to the gum. Gross for some indeed, Don't bother me a bit. :grin:

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Well Bubba, Two days old is a little too young for me to cook. Hay, Ya want to come over and help cut their teeth? Yea, It's done with a tile nipper right down to the gum. Gross for some indeed, Don't bother me a bit. :grin:
No pics please.. :)

Chuckwagoncook said:
Pig,

Did you get too dock the tails and cut out there little NUTS?? One little slice with a knife and pop em thru snip snip, and spray with some iodine. Makes you squeeze your legs together real tight when you watch it done.

The worst is casterating young bulls by clamping them. To put those big bolt cutter looking things on the sack and squeeze, feeling the viens pop, and that young bull just squat as you do it. The popping sound when you clamp down on them makes you thankfull they are more humane to humans....

Or you can do it on sheep you put on this real thick, tight rubberband, after a few weeks the sack dries up and falls off. What you dont want to do is put one of these bands on your finger, cuts off the circulation right now, and cutting it off and not cutting your self is impossible (believe me) Dont ask how I know this!!

Have any of you ever casterated a rooster?

Dont forget the Mountain oysters, there a real delicasy on the Open Range!! Sliced thin, breaded and fried in a skillet in a little oil!! Ummm Good Eats!!
Oh yeah ~ This is a great discussion! :grin: :grin: #-o

Chuckwagoncook said:
Almost got it off of there in time, thought I was in the other room!! :grin: :grin: :)
No mater Chuckwagon, It's part of life. Yes been there, Done that. I think a member said it best. " If ya can't stand the heat, Go get me a beer." I have no problem with " Killing and grilling" :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom