Drinking Apple pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Yeh, you're right. Drinking apple pie doesn't sound appealing at all:ermm:. This beverage though, tastes wonderful, and is refreshing hot, or cold, especially with a bit of sweetened whipped cream on top,

A bit of history: I am only allowed 4 oz. of dairy per day. So, I pretty much skip it, and substitute rice, almond, or oat milk, of which I think rice milk tastes the best. However, I'm always trying to turn my beverages into something way better than tolerable, hence the egg nog, custards, and other experiments with the alternative milks. This one is my latest. i have to use it rarely though, as it's high in carbs. I am happy to report that this latest experiment rewarded me with extraordinary flavor and texture, and was so very easy to make. This stuff is so tasty you won't miss the pie crust.

Chief's Drinkable Apple Pie:

Ingredients:
3 cups almond milk
1 can (12 oz.) apple pie filling

Place almond milk and pie filling into your blender, and puree until smooth, and creamy.

That's all there is to it. This would also be good as a sauce base for a real apple pie, or served with fried apples over shortcake. I hope you give this a try. I'm thinking that this recipe is just the beginning of frit flavored alternative milk recipes. Enjoy.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longiwnd of the North

I think coconut milk would work well. The flavors of coconut, and apple go well together. I think what would be better though would be a key lime, or lime pancetta with coconut.

Seeeeya: Chief Longwind of he North

Thanks, Chief! I may try making this for Mikey later today. He had tongue surgery yesterday.
smileys-sad-438858.gif

Here in Upstate SC (Dark Corners) there is a flavored Moonshine called apple pie. I thought thats what this thread was about.....lol
Its very good. My wife likes it. I'm not sure what they use in the mash, but I assume apples and cinnamon sticks.

Our area is famous for moonshine. Popcorn Sutton and several other major illegal moonshiners lived around here. In fact one of the participants on the "Moonshiners" TV show goes to the same bar I do.
The stories are very interesting. We have a moonshiners festival here every year in May. Its on about 5 miles from us. Camping out. Music. And of course moonshine!

Last edited:
1 gallon Apple Cider
1 gallon Apple Juice
1 1/2 cup Sugar
2 1/2 cup Brown sugar
9 stick Cinnamon
1.25 liter grain alcohol (everclear)
1 table spoon apple pie spice
1 bottle Cinnamon Whisky ; (Fireball) added to taste

But my version is kid friendly, and non-alcoholic for those who don't imbibe, like me. It would also make a great foundation for a desert sauce.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

1 gallon Apple Cider
1 gallon Apple Juice
1 1/2 cup Sugar
2 1/2 cup Brown sugar
9 stick Cinnamon
1.25 liter grain alcohol (everclear)
1 table spoon apple pie spice
1 bottle Cinnamon Whisky ; (Fireball) added to taste

The apple pie moonshine we were getting was already made. No mixing of any other ingredients.
Like I said above the mash most likely contained apples and cinnamon sticks.
It was $20 a quart. It came in quart mason jars.
Crystal clear and was highly filtered. It looked like water.

Back
Top Bottom