Dump Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OH my!!

Another great tasting combination that I recently tried - cinamon crumb cake with cherry pie filling. Yum.:chef:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

that sounds very good!! ive made just about every kinda dumpcake there is.. but never that one... i think i will try it and see how it comes out.

I have a box of cinnamon streusel muffin mix and may try a dump cake with either apple pie filling or peach filling. I wonder which would be best!!!

I never use a boxed cake mix cuz of all the 'nasty' additional ingredients they add. I just use a normal cake recipe omitting the liquids, (Milk, Eggs, Vanilla, etc.).
Try it, it works for me, :chef: and much healthier too. :yum:
I like peach too.

Last edited:
I am a meticulous person and follow a recipe closely the first time. I was very careful to evenly distribute the filling, the cake mix, the butter and the nuts.

When it was done, there were still areas of uncooked cake mix - the dry powder that came out of the box. Other parts were almost crunchy.

I can adjust for the crunchy but don't know what I'd do with the powdery parts. There just isn't enough melted butter to completely moisten the entire top of the cake.

Any thoughts?

I'm sorry, but I'm lolling so hard. Isn't that the beauty of dump cake? :chef:

I've made the apple pie filling with white cake and it was an "OMG" moment for Mr. Smokey.

Someone brought the pumpkin spice cake one to a party and it beat out my triple-layer, homemade, chocolate ganache cake. Hands down.

It's kinda like the Kraft Mac N Cheese of the cake world.

I can't bring myself to make another one, but trust me, if I did, it would be a huge hit with everyone.

Are you suggesting that's how it's supposed to be? That's way off base.

No, of course not, I think it's hilarious that you put so much time and effort into dump cake, then was disappointed that it turned out to be... dump cake! :ROFLMAO:

I always saw it on the level of 7-can soup. You can't really mess it up.

Not that I'd turn my nose at it, I've made my share of dump cake, but really, it's a beginner-level dessert. I guess you can slightly melt the butter till it's a soft consistency, then gently spread all over boxed cake mix and canned pie filling, making sure to cover every single inch, and let it cook to a perfect brown. :D

Back
Top Bottom