Dutch Oven Spaghetti Pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
This even tastes better the next day. If you want you can bake this in your oven in a uncovered greased 9x13 pan. Your campers will love this meal, mine do.
Enjoy! Debbie

DUTCH OVEN SPAGHETTI PIZZA

img_826063_0_5bae99f98bab2fc616ce55c03dc90d2a.jpg

img_826063_1_bf4bf36e50a975b60fe1f27d8ac94f23.jpg

1 pound(s) GROUND BEEF
1/2 ONION; Chopped.
1 to 2 clove(s) GARLIC; Minced.
1 package(s) (16 ounce) SPAGHETTI; Broken In Half.
1/2 teaspoon(s) SALT
2 EGGS
2 cup(s) MOZZARELLA CHEESE; Shredded Or To Taste.
1 jar(s) (1 lb 10 ounces) SPAGHETTI SAUCE
1/2 cup(s) MILK
1/2 teaspoon(s) OREGANO; Or To Taste.
1/2 teaspoon(s) GARLIC POWDER
GREEN BELL PEPPER; Chopped, Optional.
_____

In Dutch oven brown ground beef, onion, garlic and green pepper until beef is cooked and vegetables are tender.
Remove Dutch Oven from heat and remove ground beef mixture to a paper plate and set aside.
Drain off moist of the fat.
You want to use some of the fat to grease the Dutch Oven bottom and sides or if you prefer, use a non-stick spray.
You need the Dutch Oven greased well.
Cook and drain spaghetti and rinse under cold water until cool.
In a large bowl beat eggs.
Add milk,1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, garlic powder and salt and mix until combined.
Add spaghetti to bowl and toss well.
Spread spaghetti mixture into Dutch Oven and bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.
After spaghetti is baked, spread the spaghetti sauce over the baked spaghetti.
Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese then top cheese with ground beef mixture.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.
_____

Ol-blue - I just wanted to say that your comfort food recipes are appreciated. We also like the excellent picture you add to them..

Thanks,

Bob

You are welcome getoutofmykitchen. You wont be sorry getting a dutch oven, they are so much fun. It makes cooking fun.

CasperImproved, Thank you for being so sweet. I think a picture helps a person decide if they really want to try the recipe.

Ole blue, I'm so happy to see a new recipe from you! We've never met, but I've really enjoyed some of your recipes from years past here at DC. This one looks wonderful as usual. Please visit more often. :flowers:

:LOL:This is an old thread (2009).:ROFLMAO:

It's nice to see old threads like these get resurrected, though. The pie looks fabulous.

Last edited:
I was surprised to see it pop up, too, but Debbie always knew her way around a kitchen or campfire. Nice to see her resurrected.

I'm glad that someone brought this thread back. I am always looking for new things to cook while camping. This is great!

Ditto.
I wasn't sure we could post someone's site here or I would have earlier.
Lots of good recipes there.

Glad you brought this one back campfire cowboy. Camping season is almost here and I had forgotten about making this one. I will be making it this summer for sure.;)

Back
Top Bottom