Easter Dessert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chicks

Senior Cook
I can't decide on a dessert for Easter Dinner (8). HELP !!! What is your favorite spring dessert?
C

I have a large gang, so there have been two requests so far, brownies and ice cream and my cream puffs. Strawberry short cake is nice, baked custard or panna cotta, Ice cream sandwiches, sundaes, Katies devils food cake,

kadesma

I like mixed fruit (or just strawberries, they're beautiful right now) layered with stirred custard in a pretty little glass with one of those Pepperidge Farm pirouette cookies or a Chessmen cookie stuck in the side. It's also great for those who don't eat sweets for whatever reason. Just give them a glass of fruit sans the custard and cookie.

Ol-Blue has this great easy Berry Pie that I did in peach last week and it's great and easy. I'm going to make the recipe but make tarts instead of a full pie. I love anything that's self contained.

strawberry shortcake definetly my favorite this time of year.
Or a nice zabayon with kiwis and strawberrys

also a bowl of macerated strawberries and sugar! my mom grew up feeding me that for dessert and i absoutely love it

Pashka with Melba Sauce

This is a fun dessert to do for Easter. It's loosely based on a traditional Russian dessert which is usually molded into the shape of a large egg or a "crown" and decorated with candied fruit.

Pashka with Melba Sauce
1 pound cream cheese at room temperature
1/2 pound butter at room temperature
1-3/4 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup currants
1 cup chopped pecans
16 slices pound cake
Melba Sauce:

1 pound raspberries
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup red currant jelly
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice

Place the cream cheese in food processor and process until there are no lumps. Add the butter and process until creamy. Add sugar and vanilla to mixture and mix. Add the currants and nuts. Scrape down processor bowl well and mix a few more minutes. Refrigerate until firm, 2 to 4 hours minimum.
For the Melba Sauce: Purée fruit, sugar and jelly in blender or food processor. Add lemon juice and mix well. Strain through fine sieve into small bowl. Chill.
Assemble individual desserts:
Cut out egg-shaped pieces of the pound cake with a cookie cutter and top each with an egg-shaped scoop of the Pashka. Drizzle Melba Sauce on the top.

Comments: Yields 16 servings and about 1-1/2 cups sauce.

If sweet juicy strawberries beckon you, you might like what we did last Sunday. I sliced and toasted a skinny baguette, then I buttered the slices topped them with strawberries I'd slightly crushed...Now sprinkle with sugar and put under the broiler to carmelize the sugar slightly..Remove and eat as is or do as my grand kids did and top with a little unsweetened whipped cream...My big kids ate them as is.. When I first read about this I was not sure, and these actually were the favorite of the two different ones I made.

kadesma

If sweet juicy strawberries beckon you, you might like what we did last Sunday. I sliced and toasted a skinny baguette, then I buttered the slices topped them with strawberries I'd slightly crushed...Now sprinkle with sugar and put under the broiler to carmelize the sugar slightly..Remove and eat as is or do as my grand kids did and top with a little unsweetened whipped cream...My big kids ate them as is.. When I first read about this I was not sure, and these actually were the favorite of the two different ones I made.

kadesma

that sounds so good, im making that tommorow most definetly, thanks.

Every Easter and just about every hoilday they always wanted the Chocolate wafer /Whip cream cake that is on the box of nabisco Chocolate wafers. the yellow narrow box of chocolate wafer cookies
They love that cake and it has to be the easyiest cake to make.
That's if you can keep them out of the whip cream!

Daffodil cake. After it's frosted, I put some coconut, tinted green, in the center and decorate with jelly beans.

I think it will be strawberry trifle & Lemon Meringue pie, got some friends & family over Easter Sunday, so I can make these ahead.

Daffodil Cake Recipe | Taste of Home Recipes

I was curious also - I found this one - Is this like yours Essiebunny ?

I also found this one: anyone thoughts on the two recipes

Daffodil Cake
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, Ariel, Helvetica][SIZE=+1]1 yellow cake mix[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, Ariel, Helvetica]1 lg pkg vanilla instant pudding[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, Ariel, Helvetica]1 can crushed pineapple, drained[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, Ariel, Helvetica]12 oz carton cool whip[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, Ariel, Helvetica]8 oz cream cheese[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, Ariel, Helvetica]chopped nuts[/FONT]
[/SIZE]
Prepare cake according to package directions and bake in 13x9x2 pan. Cool. Soften cream cheese. Prepare pudding according to directions. Add to cream cheese and whip until blended. Spread on top of cooled cake. Top with pineapple. Spread whipped topping over cake . Sprinkle with nuts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom