Easter Food Traditions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

comissaryqueen

Senior Cook
In my home town in PA. we have great Polish food traditions. On Easter everyone makes homemade shawn (horseradish), sausage, poppy seed bread, etc. We try to crack each other's egg.Winner gets to eat all the eggs. Any other traditions for Easter foods?

Queen, that sounds like great fun. My hubby is polish and I would love your recipe for the horseradish sausage. I'm not a good baker so I never make the poppy seed bread.We don't have any special traditions I usually make a ham and all the trimmings.

When I was a girl it was the custom for us to paint hardboiled eggs and roll them down the hill in the local park. Nowadays it's much more sedate - at best an easter egg hunt through the garden (weather permitting!)

I always bake hot cross buns for Good Friday and have a Simnel Cake for Easter (that's an English tradition, though - not Scottish!)

Ishbel,
i would love to hear of some of the English and Scott traditions..
My Grandfather (Ritchie) was born in Glasgow and Grandmother in Captians House England. Thius may be a County??I thought she was from Lankenshire..?sp?

My middle name was spelled wrong on my birth certific..they put Alletta but I think it should be Aletta or Aleta. It is a Scot name so what do you think? PM me anytime.
Marge (Margaret)

Dove, I've never heard of anywhere in England called Captain's House - I wonder where it is?

I'll pm you. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom