Easy Chocolate Fudge Recipe/PB Fudge Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goboenomo

Head Chef
Hey guys,

I recently made some really good fudge, using a quick and easy recipe, which called for:

1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cups milk chocolate chips (added for smoothness, milkyness, more sugar! blah blah blah)
1 can condensed milk
Filler (i used marshmallows and cinnamon)

I was also wondering if by using the same concept I could make peanut butter fudge. In place of the semi-sweet chocolate chips, I would use peanut butter chips. I was hoping to replace the milk chocolate chips with peanut butter, but would the oil in the PB cause this to be a problem? Still using the 1 can of condensed milk.

Any advice, or in the case of the PB being a problem, alternate recipes that might ask for condensed milk - would be helpful.

Thanks

Zzyxk/goboenomo

I've been thinking of this for some time. I can't see any reason it wouldn't work. It would be especially nice if you could melt the chocolate and peanut butter chips separately and swirl them together at the end. Hmmmmm?

I've been thinking of this for some time. I can't see any reason it wouldn't work. It would be especially nice if you could melt the chocolate and peanut butter chips separately and swirl them together at the end. Hmmmmm?

Something to think about :eek:, thanks.

The only thing is I can't image making fudge without nuts, but maybe not this one.

i make the chocolate recipe. also make a mint one using half of the chocolate chips and half mint chips.

the peanut butter one sounds yummy. i have some chips so will make. thanks

The fudge is done, cooling in the fridge. Swirled in some milk chocolate on the top. Can't wait! Nom nom nom.

Here's a piece of the fudge.

Attachments

• IMG00003-20101206-0103.jpg
    IMG00003-20101206-0103.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 279
YUM! I'm glad to know it worked out. I'll have to try my swirl idea next time I make fudge, which will probably be soon since you've made me hungry for it.:LOL:

Let me know how the swirl goes. When I melted the peanutbutter chips, the peanut butter and the condensed milk together, it all kind of came together like a dough would. I put the chocolate on top and tried some swirling with a toothpick, but it just mangled the peanut butter underneath and brought small pieces to the top, more messy than swirly. I ended up just making the chocolate a thin top layer.

Hmmm. The original idea I had was to melt the chocolate chips and the peanut butter chips separately and combine them in the dish, but now I'm not so sure.

One gal brought a Reese's flavored dish to work one Christmas. She told me the recipe and that it contained a jar of peanut butter, mixed with an equal amount of confectioner's sugar, spread that mix in a pan and topped with melted chocolate, but it's been a long time and I've never made it myself, so I'll have to look around the recipe sites to see if I can find something like it. I just know that it was very simple, and tasted exactly like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

Hmmm. The original idea I had was to melt the chocolate chips and the peanut butter chips separately and combine them in the dish, but now I'm not so sure.

One gal brought a Reese's flavored dish to work one Christmas. She told me the recipe and that it contained a jar of peanut butter, mixed with an equal amount of confectioner's sugar, spread that mix in a pan and topped with melted chocolate, but it's been a long time and I've never made it myself, so I'll have to look around the recipe sites to see if I can find something like it. I just know that it was very simple, and tasted exactly like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

I have used a recipe that calls for icing sugar on my baking thread.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f10/goboenomos-baking-thread-29805.html

3rd recipe.

Hey guys,

I recently made some really good fudge, using a quick and easy recipe, which called for:

1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cups milk chocolate chips (added for smoothness, milkyness, more sugar! blah blah blah)
1 can condensed milk
Filler (i used marshmallows and cinnamon)

I was also wondering if by using the same concept I could make peanut butter fudge. In place of the semi-sweet chocolate chips, I would use peanut butter chips. I was hoping to replace the milk chocolate chips with peanut butter, but would the oil in the PB cause this to be a problem? Still using the 1 can of condensed milk.

Any advice, or in the case of the PB being a problem, alternate recipes that might ask for condensed milk - would be helpful.

Thanks

Zzyxk/goboenomo

Re Can of condensed milk - forgive a Dumb Question: what size can? They make a little one as well as a big one.

Another DQ: What's meant by "filler"? Just add-in's, or do you layer the fudge & filler?

I'd like to try using this recipe as a top layer for a p.b. bottom layer using a recipe I already have.

And thank you.

Re Can of condensed milk - forgive a Dumb Question: what size can? They make a little one as well as a big one.

Another DQ: What's meant by "filler"? Just add-in's, or do you layer the fudge & filler?

I'd like to try using this recipe as a top layer for a p.b. bottom layer using a recipe I already have.

And thank you.

The cans are 300 mL.
Yes I meant add-in's. I finished some layered fudge (peanut butter/butterscotch fudge between 2 layers of chocolate fudge) with no add-ins.

The cans are 300 mL.
Yes I meant add-in's. I finished some layered fudge (peanut butter/butterscotch fudge between 2 layers of chocolate fudge) with no add-ins.

Here is said fudge.

Attachments

• Fudge.jpg
    Fudge.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 246
Ooooooooooooh I want some. That was a great way to get the flavors together without mixing. I'll have to try that. Adding to my list for Thursday shopping. I still have walnut pieces, but I don't think it would be necessary, nor especially good. You've already got the flavors going on.

Here is said fudge.

Can you give me the recipe? I wondered that you had said condensed milk in your first post. I thought you used sweetened condensed milk in fudge. Please clarify.

I'm shopping tomorrow and want to get the right stuff.:chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom