Easy, Comfort Broth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I just tried out a 3 minute soup broth that came out really tasty & comforting. In fact, it was so good, and easy that I'm going to call it: Chief's Essence of Comfort Broth. It is a broth you make either as an appetizer, as is done with all of my essence soups, or when you want something light, warm, and rich in flavor. After the basic recipe, I'll give you three more ingredients to make it heartier.

Chief's Essence of Comfort Broth

Ingredients:

8 oz. water
1/3 tsp. Better Than Bullion Onion Soup Base
1/3 tsp. Better Than Bullion Roasted Beef Base
1/3 tsp. Better Than Bullion Roasted Chicken Base
1 pinch ground black pepper

Heat water to a simmer, either on the stove tiop, or in the microwave oven. Stir in the soup base products, and black pepper. Pour into a suitable mug. Enjoy.

To add body to this soup, slice 3 to 4 cremini, or white button mushrooms. Add them, , 1 tsp. Kikkoman Soy Sauce, and an eighth tsp. ground ginger to the broth. Simmer for five minutes.

This recipe is easily multiplied, making it a perfect appetizer to get everyone hungry for the main course. I hope you try it, and enjoy it.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Are all these ingredients fresh, or factory prepared?

The Better Than Bullion Soup base flavors can be found in most grocery stores, or online. The soy sauce also comes from the store.

If you don't have access to the soup base, the save a cup, or two, of the broth , or pan drippings from your next roast chicken, roast beef, and sautéed onion. Deglaze the roasting pan with a 1/4 cup of water, scraping to get all of the fond. These will be your soup base. Use those to make your broth. The important thing is to use an equal amount of each to achieve a very flavorful blend whose parts though tasty, aren't as flavorful as when combined.

How about swapping out the water for V-8 or tomato juice and adding a sliver of butter to the steaming mug of soup.

I say; go crazy with it. I simply posted a basic, super quick and easy comforting broth that tastes really good..

I think a great option would be to make a pot full of tis sop, with added chopped green onion, and something with a bunch of collagen, such as pork trotters, chicken feet and bones, tripe, etc., with added ginger, all to make a great pho broth. Place the broth, with desired veggies into a heated chafing dish, with desired thin slices of marinated meat. Let each person ladle broth into their bowl, and cook the meat slices in the bowl.

Another option; add pearl barley, or lentils,

Who says that the celeb chef's are the only ones able to have a great party meal?

All sounds good and I have all the ingredients, including V-8, Thanks Chief and Aunt Bea!

I say; go crazy with it. I simply posted a basic, super quick and easy comforting broth that tastes really good..

I think a great option would be to make a pot full of tis sop, with added chopped green onion, and something with a bunch of collagen, such as pork trotters, chicken feet and bones, tripe, etc., with added ginger, all to make a great pho broth. Place the broth, with desired veggies into a heated chafing dish, with desired thin slices of marinated meat. Let each person ladle broth into their bowl, and cook the meat slices in the bowl.

Another option; add pearl barley, or lentils,

Who says that the celeb chef's are the only ones able to have a great party meal?

I was with you on the original post, but now it's starting to sound like work! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Just to add 1 more layer, why not start with boiling some boniti shavings to make a dashi?

Ok, yeah. No. Nevermind...

I just made dashi with noodles, dropwort, and kombu for brealfast, so it was on my mind.

But, hmm, not in the Chief's soup.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom