Easy upside down cakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barb

Assistant Cook
Pinapple/Fruit upside down cake

Any can fruit you like (drained)
Melted Butter
cake mix of your choosing I use the Duncan hines Princess white cake mix
brown sugar

coat bottom of cake pan with butter, brown sugar and fruit pour in the mixed cake mix and thats it cook your done.

At christmas time i put pinapple with red and green cherries looks great with a little walnut yum yum. Be careful the juices could come out over the pan you might want to put something underneath the cake pan. eg. cookie sheet or tin foil

barb, I have a question. You're going to realize very soon that I DO NOT bake. When you say add the cake mix to the top you mean the batter, already made as instructed, right? Not just the dry mix as is.

Easy Upside down cake

Oh boy, does that sound good :)

If there is anything I absolutely dote on it's upside down cake.

Cookies

Pineapple upside down cake

My apologies kitchenelf

yes i meant put the mixed cake batter on top of the other ingredients. Please excuse me :eek: I'll get the hang of this yet.

Thank you so much. Not being a baker I wasn't sure if there was enough liquid in the fruit and everything just sort of "melted together" or what!!!! It's not YOU that needs to get the hang of it - it's me that needs to understand baking!!!! LOL

Thanks again barb - you posted some great recipes today!!!!

This is me - :)
This is me while baking - :confused:

You can go back in and edit the recipe if you want - and clear that up for any other non-bakers. Just click on the edit button and save changes - :cool:

Scrumptous Fresh Apple Upsidedown Cake

Cut a piece of bakers parchmnent to fit the bottom of an 8 or 9 inch spring form pan.

Mix together, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves to taste. I like the spices pretty heavy. (or yu can use apple pie spice mix)

Cover the bottom of the pan with this. Now, cover the sugar mixture with thinly sliced peeled apples of choice. Now pour in one recipe for your favorite plain white or spice cake or a favorite boxed mix for white or spice cake.

Bake at 350` for 35 to 45 minutes or until a slim bamboo skewer comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool just long enough so that you won't blister your hands, but don't let it get all the way cold. Put a plate large enough to hole it on top of the pan and flip it over. Remove the spring from, then remove the bottom and very carefully pull the parchment paper off.

The result will be a lovely fluffy cake with a delectable gooey apple and spice topping. Good hot with cream poured over each slice, or cold as any other cake. Good luck. I make this in the autumn when our local Gravenstine apples are at their peek.

Apple Upside Down Cake

Geraldine

Thanks for the recipe for the apple upside down cake i just love cinnamon and spice so i'll be sure to try this recipe out of course it sounds delicious yum yum.

Barb and Geraldine, these sound just wonderful! Geraldine, I love the spices ...and I too go heavy on those....cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice..yum!
Tip on helping to prevent cakes from sticking to bottom of pan...be sure to cool the cakes on a baking rack...this lets air circulate underneath the pan too, not just top and sides..it's the still hot bottom where the cake hasn't shrunk away, and cooler sides and top that have drawn away from the pan, often causes cakes to stick to the bottom of the pan. It's a heat expansion/cool contraction thing. No, I didn't learn this from Alton Brown, I learned it from my Granny. ;)

Norma, you know what I learned from my granny (paternal)????

1. A few Hungarian things - yummy Austrian dumplings and.....

drum roll....................................................................................

2. How to totally pi$# my mother off. :D

Elf:

1. post the dumplings and drum rolls! I have a boring culinary heritage...Scot/Irish/English ...there's only so much you can do with Oatmeal and tea! :D
2. pi$$ing the mum off is a NATURAL talent with me! From the day I was BORN! First, I was born female, second, I look like my Granny (paternal, her mother in law! ) and thirdly, I could cook better at age 4 than she can yet!! LMAO!

Back
Top Bottom