Eat right for your blood type diet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi esther - I have read about eating according to your blood type but have never really studies it - I'm going to see if I can find any information on it today to see what it says.

thanks kitchenelf. i found heaps of info on it, i just want to know if anyone has had success with it. thanks a lot!
so just thought id write about something interesting i saw. right now, im in the north of israel, in the mountains of safed, a little city currently populated by throngs of tourists and people from all over who have come for Klezmer, a three day mad music festival up here. so all the street food vendors are out, trying to make some business. i see these ppl making whats called Druzi Pita. the Druzis are a people, not jewish, not muslim. they live around here, and they are a friendly and passive nations. so they make a thin dough from flour, water and salt. spread it really thin, so its a huge thin thin circle of dough. they thin it out on what looks like a huge round pillow and then cook it quickly on a sort of cast iron dome over a fire. they they fill if with cheeses and lots of zaatar (hysop- another unreal and awesome herb found growing widly here) and fold it up and sell it. looks good.
alright, enough about that.

((I forgot to sign in - this is kitchenelf!)

Wow - the food sounds wonderful that you described!!!!! I was just curious about my "diet" and of course, I was in the class that should eat more grains, veggies, etc. Dang, why can't I be in the group that has to eat more cheeseburgers?????

Take care esther and eat some music festival food for me!!!!

:? So just what is an A Positive supposed to eat?????????
At 52, my cholesterol is excellent, my bone density is great, my weight is just fine, and so is my blood count. According to my doctor, I'm in the physical shape of someone at least 20 years younger than I actually am.
I eat and drink what I want, when I want. I'm not into "sweets"....and I don't eat large meals, ever. I happen to like veggies and fruits. And while I HATE milk, and always have, I love cheese. I also like variety in foods...and rarely eat meat. I know back in the olden days (1980's) there was a fad ..."grazing"...which is basically what I do naturally. I know that when I had to adhere to a strict 3 big meals a day ( when married briefly to the dominating psychologist....! ) I gained weight, but the actual amounts of food was not different that if I'd eaten on my personal "grazing" preference!

Eat right for your blood type

Hi Kitchenelf.
I just found this discussion and wondered where you found the info. I am O Pos. since I have dieted most of my life on and off, why not try one more....
Dove

No, I never did get to check out much on this topic. I myself have started the Body For Life program. It's not difficult at all - The first week I lost 3 pounds without trying - but I know at first it will come off quicker anyway. Since I quit taking estrogen I've lost a total of 8 pounds - I swear that stuff makes you gain weight right smack dab around the middle - and then it moves around!! LOL

The food on Body For Life is wonderful - I don't mind the low fat, sugar-free stuff at all. They say on some things to use the NO fat but I'm not going to gag while I eat - I might lose slower but I don't care, low fat is as far as I'm going. I bought the Eating For Life cookbook and have had no problem following this program.

I went on the blood type diet for about one summer. I'm A- and I got a book on the subject, I was pretty strict about keeping to it. I ate the foods they wanted me to, but whenever I wanted. I really didn't read any meal plans.

I found that the foods that the book told me not to eat were ones that made me feel pretty bad anyway. These are the lists posted on what you should eat according to your blood type
http://www.foodforyourblood.com/site/foodlists.html

I was not overweight but I lost 10 lbs while I was on it, and I've gained only a few pounds back, but I eat sugar alot so that's my own fault ;)

I try to keep to a general guideline, even though i'm officially off that diet. I never went back to dairy products, and I eat less dark meat. I think it's a great diet, and even though it's considered 'fad' it helped me in the long run.
I think it's pretty cool!

blood type

Do i have to make an special analisys to know the food i can or i cannot eat or is it just the blood type what define the diet i should follow.

well that kinda sucks.

all my favorite foods are in the "avoid" category. :(

like cashews. beef. shrimp. jalepenos. milk. cheese in general. oh boy.

I did the blood type diet 2 yrs ago and lost 25 lbs. I just had a baby and starting to do that again. I learned alot from the books and eager to start it up again!

Basically the diet encourages you to eat whole foods from your regional ethnic background. Here is a summary of each blood type. I feel that any diet that suggests whole foods will be successful.

[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Type A types
should basically stick to fruits and vegetables (high carbs / low fat).
They have thicker blood than other blood types, a sensitive immune system,
and should not consume dairy products, animal fats and meats. They are at
a heightened risk for cardiovascular disease, diabetes and cancer.

Type B types
should consume a balanced diet (fruits and vegetables, grains, fish, dairy, meat,
but avoid chicken). They have the best chance of bypassing or overcoming
everyday types of diseases, including heart disease and cancer.

Type AB types
should consume a mostly vegetarian diet, and only on rare occasions some fish, meat (no chicken), and dairy.

Type O types
should basically stick to a high protein diet (including red meat), low carbs, and enriched with fruits and vegetables. They should limit the intake of wheat germ, whole wheat products, corn, and avoid dairy products and most nuts. Type O types are commonly affected with hypothyroidism, high stomach acid (leading to ulcers), and thinner blood with greater resistance to blood clotting.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif][/FONT]

hmmm I wonder where you read that? I have the book Eat Right for your Blood Type by the doctor who is at the forefront of this idea, Dr/ Peter D'Adamo of Bastir University... see www,dadamo.com

It's a lot more complicated than that.... :ermm:

ChefJune said:
hmmm I wonder where you read that? I have the book Eat Right for your Blood Type by the doctor who is at the forefront of this idea, Dr/ Peter D'Adamo of Bastir University... see www,dadamo.com

It's a lot more complicated than that.... :ermm:

I know it's more complicated than that. Those are summaries. I have the D'Adamo book too. What I posted is not in conflict with D'Adamo I believe.

For the rest: The blood type diet theorizes that certain blood types are tied to specific regions, and people with those blood types flourish when eating the foods associated with that region.

Last edited:
I have a friend who is a holistic practitioner, and he has really helped me learn to eat better.
But my blood type is A- and I'm supposed to avoid a lot of dairy. I love milk, even skim, and all kinds of cheese, and am not willing to give them up. I have osteoporisis in my family, and brought the calcium issue up with him, but he insists that once the milk is pasteurized, the calcium is of no use to the body. He suggests eating one floret of broccoli every day, and claims that provides all the calcium the body needs.
He also bans sugar, even the natural ones in potatoes and carrots...also all pork, beef and processed meats. Poultry, fish, lamb, goat and venison are allowed. I tried going along with this part for a good while, and did find that my arthritis pain was much reduced. But I've just gotta have a burger or a pork chop now and then.

Wine is good though...he makes his own.

sorry I'm not avoiding tomatoes or navy beans. I know I need to limit my cheese intake. The rest is pretty common sense. Perhaps being a negative blood type allows me a few beefsteak toms each week in season.

I don't know about one floret of broccoli supplying your daily requirement of calcium, but I do know the human body absorbs calcium better from leafy green vegetables (the darker the better) than it does from any dairy products.

For those considering this diet, it would be wise to read the book or at least the section about your type. And probably consult your doctor too. Most libraries will have this book.

I agree with vagriller. My friend who has type O blood, started the diet and his gout kicked up so badly that he could not walk. His doctor just laughed when my friend told him that he was on this blood type diet. Even though the diet says that he should eat more protein, my friend can't because of his tendency toward gout. So...I would definitely check this out with your doctor, especially if you have a pre-existing condition or a tendency toward something like gout, diabetes, etc. You just never know, huh? Anyway, my diet philosohy is "everything in moderation". My grandfather always said that and he lived to 103!!! Go figure!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom