Eating off the bone...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do! much more flavor! Musta got it from my Gram, who loved to gnaw on the chicken feet when they came out of the soup!

Had to share my chuckle with you - jut read this post and sorta misread it, thinking you said Coup instead of soup - I am still visualizing this :LOL:!

I do! much more flavor! Musta got it from my Gram, who loved to gnaw on the chicken feet when they came out of the soup!

I've never understood the glamour of boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I usually add the word "tasteless" to the description!) The same recipe, with the breast cooked on the bone, will yield a much tastier dish -- all else being equal.

I also ran across a long ago quote from Emily Post that said that meat served on the bone was meant to be picked up! :D I'll drink to that! :angel:

Long Live Emily Post!

I gnaw bones, but not maniacally. LOL! If the meat is relatively easy to get to, I will gnaw it off the bone at home, not in public. The exceptions being chicken wings and pork ribs, of course, which are meant to be gnawed in public.

There was one other exception. Years ago, there was a nice restaurant in Aruba called "Talk of the Town" which served 4 or 5 very meaty, tender, prime rib bones as an ENTREE!! One of THE best meals I've ever had in my life! In fact, we were so intrigued, we went back to the restaurant a second time in the week we were in Aruba, and ordered the bones again.

Brilliant idea!

Lee

Thanks Uncle Bob for the Gris - Gris laugh.

Sorta sounded that way to me too.

I absolutely dont fit in with the majority here.:( I loathe chewing on bones but agree meat tastes much better cooked on them!
Nope, cant pick them up, hate having greasy mitts and a trip to the bathroom is always required by those that do to wash said sticky appendages. Finger bowls are always SOOOOOO tiny. lolol
I cant eat corn off the cob either, always cut the kernels off then butter etc.
Im a weird one for sure.:rolleyes:

I absolutely dont fit in with the majority here.:( I loathe chewing on bones but agree meat tastes much better cooked on them!
Nope, cant pick them up, hate having greasy mitts and a trip to the bathroom is always required by those that do to wash said sticky appendages. Finger bowls are always SOOOOOO tiny. lolol
I cant eat corn off the cob either, always cut the kernels off then butter etc.
Im a weird one for sure.:rolleyes:

I suppose 'baiting your own hook' is out of the question!:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom