Eggplants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Essie

Senior Cook
All of a sudden, my plants are producing many eggplants. What, besides eggplant parmesan and grilled eggplant, can I make?

Apart from what has been suggested, I use eggplants ( I prefer melanzane, sounds better..lol) for our roasted vegetable lasagne and moussaka.
Also tried a Nigella Lawson recipe recently with meat and cheese rolled in slices of eggplant, covered with sauce and baked.

Have fun using them all...:)

seems to me we just talked about this a week or two ago. I'm sure if you do a search on eggplant, you will find all the recipes that were posted. :)

and welcome to DC, Essie! :D

This web find eggplant recipe remains one of my favs, simply because it strays a tad off the path (aka, usually pairing eggplants with tomatoes): Scalloped Eggplant

Grilled eggplants can also be pureed and turned into a lovely soup with the addition of things like cream/yogurt, veggie stock and your favourite herbs.

I peel and chop eggplant to add to stew. It cooks up and the kids never knew it was there but it tastes good. I love it instead of pasta in casseroles.

Or do a search for aubergine - that's what we call them in the UK and of course in France...

What's the weather like where you are? Is it still hot? If not, I have an ace recipe for a Turkish lamb stew with aubergine, dried apricots and chickpeas in it. Cooks surprisingly quickly and is absolutely delicious. Even kids love it, though I have to admit that kids here in Spain are very adventurous over what they'll eat in comparison with British kids. I'll post it in the lamb section of the meat forum.

recipe

Lynan said:
Apart from what has been suggested, I use eggplants ( I prefer melanzane, sounds better..lol) for our roasted vegetable lasagne and moussaka.
Also tried a Nigella Lawson recipe recently with meat and cheese rolled in slices of eggplant, covered with sauce and baked.

Have fun using them all...:)

Lynan: could you post your recipe for Nigella Lawson? Or is it posted already? Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom