Electric Kettles - what do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This popped up on my Youtube page, so I'm passing it along in case you are still interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrAQKrB2kM0

I'm not a tea drinker - coffee only. I bought a Bonavita coffee maker based on the reviews, as the temperature control is supposedly one of the best. It makes noticeably better coffee than the coffee maker it replaced. I never realized how important temperature is for making coffee, and I assume the same applies for tea.

This popped up on my Youtube page, so I'm passing it along in case you are still interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrAQKrB2kM0

I'm not a tea drinker - coffee only. I bought a Bonavita coffee maker based on the reviews, as the temperature control is supposedly one of the best. It makes noticeably better coffee than the coffee maker it replaced. I never realized how important temperature is for making coffee, and I assume the same applies for tea.

I agree that temperature makes a big difference when making coffee. I also drink tea. I have not found the temperature to be as picky. Nowadays, I make coffee with my espresso machine or with my Bialetti, stove top moka maker, so the devices take care of the temperature. I have a 1.7 litre electric kettle that plugs into an Australian, 240 W plug on my stove (Stirling's dad was a spark and installed that.) It's fast, really fast. Since I mostly use my electric kettle for tea and for elongating espressos, the goose neck doesn't sound like it would be useful for me. It sounds like it would be annoyingly slow. If I still made pour over coffee, it might be nice. Mine has a temperature setting in the handle, which is kinda nice, even though it can only be adjusted in 10°C increments.

I bought an electric kettle for my wife to take on her recent trip to Colombia to visit a friend. According to my wife Colombians typically drink cheap instant coffee with water boiled on the stovetop. There were no such thing as an electric kettle, well, until she smuggled a 1.5 liter electric kettle into that country. The family she stayed with was just elated to have this unique appliance with blue led lights sitting on their countertop.
My wife was gifted a couple of little stovetop tortilla grills that practically everyone in Colombia uses.

Back
Top Bottom