Electric Wok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a flat bottomed carbon steel wok I've been using for 15-20 years. Works great! The wood helper handle has broken off and the wood main handle turns on its shaft so you have to be careful not to dump your food on the floor, but it works great!

...Don't care. It works for me!
And that is all that matters @GinnyPNW!

It really frosts me when people starts telling someone that how they are doing something, or what they are using, is so totally wrong. People who insist that you must do something exactly as they do it or you are completely wrong!

Unless, you know, that  is the only way to do it. :D

Maybe my best bet is just to get a flat bottomed wok, that has a small flat part. I could use that with my current electric stove.
Is your stove top glass/ceramic? While I have used my flat bottom wok on my current stove, I don't do it often. I'm afraid of scratching the surface. I've been dithering about getting an induction burner for a while.

Nope, I have electric coils. I use my enamelled cast iron wok on it, but the flat part of that wok is as big as the large coils, too much flat part, in my opinion.

Another wok that is good for many things, and can be used for high heat cooking, even if the heat source isn't real high, is the Cast Iron. This is used a lot in rural China, as it is put on coals, and heats well, and even with lower heat, it will heat up after a time, and all the heat doesn't instantly transfer to all the food, like with a carbon steel wok
The cast iron wok is also used a lot in Indonesia, and is called a wajan (old spelling: wadjan)
Used for all stew like dishes

Back
Top Bottom