Ever feel this way after cooking a great meal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shrek told me that our first date was a test. If I had ordered a steak well done and then added ketchup, the whole thing would have been off. As it was, I ordered a nice ribeye, medium rare, worchestershire sauce and butter. He was impressed.

There is a (fairly large, nice) restaurant we go to sometimes. Always crowded. But we learned to beware. Swinging doors leading in and out of the kitchen. Hallway leading to the restrooms, which intersects with the hallway from the bar also to the restrooms. The Waiters carry Trays, large ones and regular size ones. A note to customer, keep your head down, closer to your soup, keep you elbows tucked in, and be prepared to duck and cover. Cacophonous, catastrophe, craziness.

Another time, when they wanted to seat us in that area, we asked if we could wait for another table. That's the time we also learned there is a reason one should make reservations.

And that's where I would seat the wife, and the waiter could lead the husband into the bar for a little fortification.

Yes, it's in the description ;) His name is Primo, . A younger Stanley Tucci plays the other brother Secundo [emoji38]

It's a great movie -- Big Night. It came out in 1997 I think. It's actually free to watch on Tubi.com (website or app). My wife and I just watched it the other night. I saw it at the theatre when it first came out.

It stars the great Tony Shalhoub, Minnie Driver, and Stanley Tucci. It will definitely make you hungry for Italian food. :)

Shrek told me that our first date was a test. If I had ordered a steak well done and then added ketchup, the whole thing would have been off. As it was, I ordered a nice ribeye, medium rare, worchestershire sauce and butter. He was impressed.

I bet he was. :) I was kinda shocked the first time I saw my wife slather ketchup on her steak, but I still loved her (RIP honey). I definitely don't agree with her idea of how to eat steak though. lol

I grew up in Texas and California, so I have had some great steak.

Last edited:
You know how I feel after preparing a great meal? FULL! I have tasted everything so many times to make sure its as close to perfect as I can get it, that I have no appetite left, just a sink full of tasting spoons.

Back
Top Bottom