Everyone else likes it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustJoel

Executive Chef
Do you have a food or beverage that everyone in the world seems to like except you?

I really don’t like champagne, no matter how expensive or authentic. I do like champagne cocktails, though. Mimosas and Kir Royales are great for brunch. And I can occasionally enjoy one of the sweeter champagnes.

Fish roe. Also known as caviar. Too salty, too fishy, nasty mouth feel. No thanks. The exception is mentaiko, a Japanese delicacy. I forgot what fish the roe comes from, but they’re tiny. Then they’re spiced, and I think they’re smoked as well. I won’t eat them from a spoon, but they’re delicious when mixed with cream cheese, lemon juice, and a shot of vodka.

I can think of more, but I’m more interested in hearing about your culinary quirks!

Let's see (not in any particular order)...

1. Sushi

2. Pecan pie

3. Lobster rolls

4. Grits

5. Rhubarb pie

6. Raw oysters

7. Hoppy beers

8. Gin

9. Chai (the tea/spice beverage)

10. Avocado

Give me enough time, and I could come up with many more.

CD

Coffee. I really dislike coffee.

When I was young, my much older brother used to drink coffee in the morning before brushing his teeth, then hold me down and breathe stinky coffee morning breath in my face.

To this day, I've never had a cup of regular coffee. :sick:

I will have a tiny espresso with something cloyingly sweet after a big Italian meal, but that's a very rare thing for me. I guess because it's very dark roasted and served black, it's not the same as normal, milky coffee.

Mac & Cheese, way too fatty and bland for me and I have tried 20+ recipes because my American friends thinks I must like no matter what.

I love cheese, dont like cheese on potatoes most of the time or drowning food in melted cheese.

I do not like liver casserole, liver stew, fried liver what so ever, I do like liverwurst and pate.
No do I like herring, I dont like it in any form, pickled , fermented , baked or fried it just yuck!

Coffee - unlike most, I don't even like the smell, I avoid the coffee aisle in the grocery store (last time I tasted coffee I was 20 in 1967).

Also, avocado, sushi, raw veggies like cauliflower, broccoli, green beans (love all of those cooked, but not raw).

Edit: Forgot tofu. Not that I don't like the taste because it doesn't have any, but it's just blah.

Last edited:
I like most everything with a few exceptions. Not a big fan of rhubarb or snails. Oysters will NEVER make the cut. I've tried them nearly every way they're prepared. Nope. Tofu doesn't make the cut either. I'd just as soon eat an eraser.

Beyond that handful of edibles, I'm all in.

I like most everything with a few exceptions. Not a big fan of rhubarb or snails. Oysters will NEVER make the cut. I've tried them nearly every way they're prepared. Nope. Tofu doesn't make the cut either. I'd just as soon eat an eraser.

Beyond that handful of edibles, I'm all in.

That made me choke, a bit... Precisely my opinion of tofu... :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Ross

Pears, bananas, star fruit, smoked eel, ground venison, and lutefisk. I only like rhubarb in savory dishes, but I don't eat sweets.

Lutefisk isn't that bad. I have a pic somewhere of it as my breakfast not too long ago, with onions and Wasa toasts. Lemme see if I can find it.

I'm surprised at the number of coffee haters.

Yay for us, fresh breathed people. I curse coffee lovers' armpits with that horrible smell...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom