Eyedropper Bottles for Extracts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kathleen.nobodyhome

Assistant Cook
I would like to keep my extracts (vanilla, etc.) in glass bottles with eyedropper caps. I've found such bottles online, but the trick is that I want the eyedropper to have measurement markings on it for fractions of a tsp. I can't seem to find that. Does anyone know where I can find this, or something similar? The outside of my extract bottles are always sticky from drips, and I thought this might be a neat solution.

I would like to keep my extracts (vanilla, etc.) in glass bottles with eyedropper caps. I've found such bottles online, but the trick is that I want the eyedropper to have measurement markings on it for fractions of a tsp. I can't seem to find that. Does anyone know where I can find this, or something similar? The outside of my extract bottles are always sticky from drips, and I thought this might be a neat solution.

Ask the pharmacist for liquid dosing bottles for babies. They may give them to you or charge you a small fee.

Wow, fast response!

I'll try that, although ideally I'm looking for something that screws onto a bottle and looks pretty. I like the idea of a lovely row of glass jars on my pantry shelf. =)

Wow, fast response!

I'll try that, although ideally I'm looking for something that screws onto a bottle and looks pretty. I like the idea of a lovely row of glass jars on my pantry shelf. =)

The ones from the pharmacy will be plastic. You could always keep your pretty jars out, tightly shut and a couple of the droppers in a drawer, wash and reuse.

I haven't seen glass graduated eye droppers for sale retail, you might try to Google for scientific apparatus/equipment.

If the extracts are oil based, they may slowly dissolve/weaken the rubber bulb portion of the dropper. I had that problem when dosing my cat's food with fish oil. I have that problem with turkey basters.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom