Fall '12 GCC Chief Longwind of the North pumpkin dinner pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Here they are, the pictures. All dishes were made from scratch, with several three different varieties of pumpkin boiled, strained, and blended as need be, or baked and run through a ricer, then drained. This was a ton of work. I started at 6bp.m. and finished at 2 a.m. These may not be magazine quality photos, the the food in them sure tasted great.

Attachments

• PumpkinChallenge-1.jpg
    PumpkinChallenge-1.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 290
  • PumpkingChallenge-2.jpg
    PumpkingChallenge-2.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 302
  • PumpkngChallengePlated1.jpg
    PumpkngChallengePlated1.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 289
  • Pumpkin ice.jpg
    Pumpkin ice.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
Though I did most of the manual labor, I did have help, and have to give credit where credit is due. My DW and a friend of the family came up with two of the dishes. DW had the pumpkin cake idea (I had the recipe), and the cream cheese icing idea. Our friend, a new member to DC (She joined yesterday, but I don't know her DC name yet) had the idea for the Jack-Pies, and the appetizer salad. She also inspired the pumpkin ravioli idea.

Me, I just made the noodle dough, cooked the pumpkin, made the raviolis, the soup, the cake, the jack-pies, the spiced-ice, and anything else I might have missed here, except the salad. I also seasoned and tested everything, and figured out amounts of ingredients needed, and so on and so forth.:LOL: But the ideas were indispensable. as was the company.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Your DW rocks!!! What a great idea she had for that cake! Your spread looks remarkable.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom