Fatties

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
Some pics of me building an Italian Fatty.

Attachments

• It fatties1.jpg
    It fatties1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 286
  • It fatties2.jpg
    It fatties2.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 281
  • It fatties3.jpg
    It fatties3.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 346
  • It fatties4.jpg
    It fatties4.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 295
  • It fatties5.jpg
    It fatties5.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 300
  • It fatties6.jpg
    It fatties6.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 281
  • It fatties7.jpg
    It fatties7.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 297
  • Q3 11-26-10 fatties.jpg
    Q3 11-26-10 fatties.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 301
Gotta make me one of those. What's in the fatty? It looks like BBQ sauce, ham and Parm.

Great post, Pacanis! That looks killer! Wouldn't know if it was good unless I got to try some....(clears throat).:rolleyes: ;):LOL: Want my addy?:D

Thanks, guys.

lol, get in line behind my BIL, Al. He keeps telling me to make more and he can sell them at work :wacko:

This one contains; Pizza sauce/Prego or something, oregano, mozzarella, garlic, capicola, goat cheese (using it up) and pepperoni. Made on a 1 lb tube of hot Italian sausage.

I had a nice description typed up and lost it :(
One think I mentioned was if you keep your ingredients small, as in not sandwich slice size, but small pieces of meat or cheese, it will roll easier without them creeping forward as much on you.

Those are just BEAUTIFUL, Pac!! In the 4th picture they are wrapped in plastic wrap to chill? Do you add the bacon after they have chilled? How do you cook them?
Can't wait to try this!! Very impressive!!

Those are just BEAUTIFUL, Pac!! In the 4th picture they are wrapped in plastic wrap to chill? Do you add the bacon after they have chilled? How do you cook them?
Can't wait to try this!! Very impressive!!

Thems fatties be smoked! Notice the smoke ring.;)

Craig

Thanks, Kayelle!

After they are rolled (loosely), I set them on some plastic wrap, roll them up in the wrap, grab the ends of the wrap and spin them across the counter to tighten them up and seal the ends. Then yes, I set them in the fridge to set up for a few hours. If I am wrapping in bacon I do that at the same time, so all I have to do is unwrap them and set them on the smoker. Cooked until 160F is reached. I'm sure you could do them in an oven on a rack, or indirect on a grill, but I would try to keep smoker temps (225ish) and if grilling, grill them indirect.

Thanks, Kayelle!

After they are rolled (loosely), I set them on some plastic wrap, roll them up in the wrap, grab the ends of the wrap and spin them across the counter to tighten them up and seal the ends. Then yes, I set them in the fridge to set up for a few hours. If I am wrapping in bacon I do that at the same time, so all I have to do is unwrap them and set them on the smoker. Cooked until 160F is reached. I'm sure you could do them in an oven on a rack, or indirect on a grill, but I would try to keep smoker temps (225ish) and if grilling, grill them indirect.

Well now I'm really excited to know they are smoked!! I'll be using my handy dandy stove top smoker on the outdoor grill. Woo Hoo, something else to make in my little smoker!! Adding to my grocery list as we speak.
Thanks again, Pac. :D

Every leaf, from every tree in Missoula, that fell off the trees last year is in my stairwell. Got a match?

Those look absolutely spectacular! I'm thinking they be as good as any sausage on the market, and most likely, better. I love all of the ingredients you used. I don't think I would change a thing. And the pictures are superb.

You need to move to Sault Ste. Marie. Really. I'm not kidding. Just pack up and move here. I know this little subdivision just outside of town, where there's this guy who would help you eat up those little beauties, if you accidentally made more than you could personally use.:w00t:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Thanks GW, but I'm not ready to be a Yooper :cool:
But if I do, I'll hook up the team and give you a ring :LOL:

I would love to see your version of it, Bolas. Now that would be spiffing.

That looks so yummy :chef:

I think I'll start looking at smokers. Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a smoker that can be used for both cold and hot smoking?

That looks so yummy :chef:

I think I'll start looking at smokers. Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a smoker that can be used for both cold and hot smoking?

Any smoker with a smoke stack, add some dryer vent hose/heat duct, and another grill/box/what ever and you have cold smoke.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom