Favorite cheese?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i like brie, always keep a wedge of brie in the fridge, and all the different sorts of bleu are my second favorites. havarti is pretty good. parmigiano reggiaono is good, too.

Royal Blue Stilton Blue Cheese

B0000D9N7401-A1M96NKOK0T3I7LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Cheese

I mostly like all cheese except limberger and gammeløst, you cannot get close to them because of the odor. But I guess favorites would be Brie, gjetøst, fontina gorgonzola, and sharp cheddar; but then there is jarlsberg, edam, guyere, ahhhh, guess I really do love them all.

green.gif
:roll: GO DUCKS

:cry: :x Ducks did not go last night. The 20 point spread was in favor but Indiana Hoosiers out played and out maneuvered the DUCKS and we lost 30-24. Sad day in Eugene, and yes, it rained on first game day the first time in 20 years. Good croud ~58,000 and no one left in the rain, just donned the yellow rain parks and sat to the end. GO EUGENEIANS

plain ol' white cheddar, but it has to be wicked wicked wicked extra extra extra extra super super super sharp.

Goat Cheese

mudbug said:
No blues and no goats; otherwise I like 'em all

You should try Norwegian Gjetøst. Gjet is goat, øst is cheese. It is different from the others on the market. The whey is carmelized and then all mixed together. It is a brownish color similar to peanutbutter, and it tastes rather like a pungent peanutbutter. What we get in the states is half Gjetøst and half cows milk and it is rather mild.

green.gif

I'm with you norgeskog.. I like things that smell good... and that definitely doesn't!!! :?

Re: Goat Cheese

norgeskog said:
mudbug said:

You should try Norwegian Gjetøst. Gjet is goat, øst is cheese. It is different from the others on the market. The whey is carmelized and then all mixed together. It is a brownish color similar to peanutbutter, and it tastes rather like a pungent peanutbutter. What we get in the states is half Gjetøst and half cows milk and it is rather mild.

green.gif
Thanks for the tip, norgeskog. Maybe I will give it a try if I can find it.

Oh man :!: I am droolin.....I was goi to cook tonight but....forget that :!: I am goi to the cheese shop in up town and get some different cheeses,crackers,and dark beer and/or wine. Cya later. ;)

Re: Goat Cheese

mudbug said:
norgeskog said:
mudbug said:

green.gif
Thanks for the tip, norgeskog. Maybe I will give it a try if I can find it.

You can find it at most markets in the cheese or perhaps imported cheese department. It comes in a red box with white and/or black writing, the label is Ski Queen.

All types of goat cheese - young, aged, soft, semi-soft/semi-hard, hard, (some examples are: Chevrion, Boucheron, Humboldt Fog, The Drunken Goat, Pantaleo, and lots more); Swiss gruyere, Amish yogurt cheese with vegetables, certain cheeses that are a mixture of sheep's milk and goat's milk; extra sharp white cheddar, St. André; and last, but not least Parmigiano Reggiano!

Just got back from the store. I got some Stilton,Goat Chhese with garlic and herbs,and Super Sharp Chedder. Eatin it with a bottle of Warres Porto and sesame crackers. Thats dinner tonight.

Bangbang said:
Just got back from the store. I got some Stilton,Goat Chhese with garlic and herbs,and Super Sharp Chedder. Eatin it with a bottle of Warres Porto and sesame crackers. Thats dinner tonight.

not THAT'S my kind of dinner. mmmm-mmm! :D

luvs_food said:
Bangbang said:

not THAT'S my kind of dinner. mmmm-mmm! :D

Yep its goin down very well. I am on my second glass of Porto.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom