Favorite cookie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You'll get fat Shannon if you eat toooooo many !!
but hey who cares as long as we are all happy...
have a good day
Viv...

Hi,

I like :
-oatflakes-cookies with cinnamon
-shortcrust-cookies with marmelade
-shortbread-bisquits (some with vanilla and some with gingerbread tase... **yummi**)
-and coco macaroons....

lg Tanja

as far as raw cookies go chocolate chip
as far as cooked cookies go i don't know,
can't choose just one. but when i'm at work
i snag a sugar cookie as soon as they come
out of the oven !

Hi Karaburun,
Just read your link and I love the sound of coco macaroons, do you have a recipe for these ? I have a friend in Holland who shares her biscuit recipes with me, but I have never tried coco macaroons ? I bake allot of different things and love to try new things.
Many thanks
the baker...

@ the Baker

Hi,

no problem.

Here they are:

Quick Coco-Macaroons

SCHNELLE KOKOSHÄPPCHEN

5 Eiweiß mit
1 Prise Salz sehr steif schlagen

5 Eiwhite with
1 pinch Salt foam very hardly

250 g Zucker und
2 Päckchen Van.zucker unter ständigem Schlagen einrieseln lassen

250 g sugar and
2 Packages of Vanillasugar slowly dribble slowly in.

200 g Kokosflocken vorsichtig unterheben

200 g Coco rasps fold in

Mit 2 Teelöffeln kleine Häufchen auf Oblaten oder so auf Backpapier setzen.

With 2 Teaspoons little pieces (I don´t know the right word for Häufchen) on Oblaten (it´s an art of eating paper...??)

Gut 20 Minuten bei 160 Grad (Heißluft) backen.

Put it in the oven for 20 minutes on 160°C (Hot air)

I hope, that I could help you.:chef:

lg Tanja

PS: I left the german recipe for you, because I don´t find some words in english. Sorry.:rolleyes:

middie said:
as far as raw cookies go chocolate chip
as far as cooked cookies go i don't know,
can't choose just one. but when i'm at work
i snag a sugar cookie as soon as they come
out of the oven !

:LOL: Oh Middie, I knew I liked you!!!
I love chocolate chip cookie dough!! My mom used to gripe at me all the time for buying it with my allowance. When I would stay with my older sister and her family, she would tell her not to let me buy it, of course, she never stopped me. I had her two girls eating it too:) I used to get the 5 dz size rolls.:LOL:

Last edited:
Bangbang said:
Toll House Chocolate Chip.Once I start eating them I can't stop.

I'm with you. I make chocolate chip cookies and I eat one and there is no going back.

I've recently been experimenting with oatmeal cookies with different chips and those are getting pretty good too!

Oatmeal with raisins and chocolate chip. I just made some bananna oatmeal cookies with raisins and they are so good. Found the recipe in the paper last week.

thumpershere2 said:
Oatmeal with raisins and chocolate chip. I just made some bananna oatmeal cookies with raisins and they are so good. Found the recipe in the paper last week.

That sounds great, thumpershere! When you have a chance, could you post that recipe? Thanks!

Here yA go PA BAKER: Banana Oatmeal cookies
3/4cup shortning
1cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
1 tspcinnamom
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 3/4 cups rolled oats
1 cup mashed bananas ( 2 to 3 med bananas)
1/2 cup chopped nuts or raisins.
Heat oven to 400 degreese
Mix and beat sugar and egg and shortning together, add rest of ingredients and blend well. bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 12 to 15 min. (I baked mine for 13 min ) makes about 3 to 4 dozen depends on how big you want your cookie.

My favorite store bought is Milano's by Pepperidge Farm, and my favorite home cooked would be Peanut Buttoer Cookies.

1 (14 oz.) Can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (Not Evaporated Milk)

3/4 Cup Peanut Butter

2 Cups Biscuit Baking Mix

1 tsp. Vanilla Extract

Granulated Sugar

Preheat oven to 375°. In large mixer bowl, beat sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter until smooth. Add biscuit mix and vanilla. Mix well. Shape into 1" balls. Roll in sugar. Place 2" apart on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten with fork. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned (Do Not Overbake). Cool. Store tightly covered at room temperature.

No bisquik in Australia, eh? Hmmmm.....
We really need to send you a care package....

Do you suppose a pancake mix would suffice? Probably would be off, what with the rising ability and all. I bet Michael in fort worth would know.

Back
Top Bottom