Favorite Seafood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
What is your favorite 1. fish, 2. crustacean and 3. shellfish.

1. Grouper - Marinated in Zesty Italian Dressing and grilled

2. Maryland Blue Crabs - Steamed w/Old Bay and lots of COLD Beer!

3. Oysters - On the halfshell with lemon wedges and homemade cocktail sauce consisting of lots of horseradish and ketchup!

1. NO FISH FOR ME THANKS!! ;)

2. Crab Legs all day and night!!! Lotsa butter and salt!!

3. Clams steamed with drawn butter.

I plan to be dead at 40! 8)

Damn, Jeff!! :shock:

Same here :-D Butt, it's gotta be Live Maine Lobster ;) That warm water stuff just don't get if for me..

1) Lake Erie yellow perch, breaded and deep fried.

2) Soft Shell Blue crabs. Breaded , Fried , and served on french bread with lettuce, tomato, and cajun mayo........a Po Boy! Dat's Good...whoo boy!

1 Salmon and steelhead are a toss
2. dungeness crabs but how could you leave out lobster and king crab
3.clams and oysters
Jim

1. fresh wild sockeye salmon

2. jumbo tiger prawns, the big buggers nearly the size of your fist

3. lobster

I'm not much of a seafood guy. Limited availability here, expensive and usually of lessor quality (so I'm told).

I love bacon wrapped scallops smoked, finished in frying pan or baked, then rolled in real maple syrup. Lick the plate. :LOL: (scallops are a shellfish? who knew ... I woulda believed it if someone said they where white balls floating in the sea)

Did ya know prawns are meat eaters and shrimp are vegetarians? This, I was told, is why prawns have a stronger flavour.

1. Tuna. All kinds all styles. Period just don't overcook it.

2. Tie Peconic bay scallops (when you can get them it's getting really hard sadly) *and* oysters. Ditto Nick P on the clams man are they sweet.

3. Real Sea Bass. Not this Chilean stuff they try to sell as sea bass.

ROB O said:
Real Sea Bass. Not this Chilean stuff they try to sell as sea bass.

Chilean Sea Bass... what a marketing ploy... take a fish nobody will buy (the Patagonian toothfish), change the name so it sounds familiar, yet still mildly exotic. Now people can't buy enough of it. They've had to restrict harvesting so that they aren't over fished.

You got that right on the Chilean Sea Bass thng Chris.

I happen to like it but I can remember when monkfish was a trash fish. Ugly looking sucker but sure is tasty.

jminion said:
1 Salmon and steelhead are a toss
2. dungeness crabs but how could you leave out lobster and king crab
3.clams and oysters
Jim

It is interesting that you pick steelhead. You must get em fresh out there. On the Lake Erie Tributaries, it is a HUGE sport fish, but by the time they begin running to mate, they are a good fight, but basically are decomposing while still alive. Most folks up here,excluding Greg and his in-laws, won't even bother with them! Woodman

Woodman we get steelhead as they hit the rivers they are beautiful.
They come in and spawn but then return to the ocean the really big one could have made trip a few times.
Jim

Oh Jim, the freshwater ones die after spawning. Often times you will see them in the shallow creeks flopping around in the shallows dying. It's sad really! :-( :-( :cry: Woody

Jane said:
Soft shell crabs

Raw oysters with horseradish

Escolar for fish or halibut filet

I once devoured a 4 pound lobster at Palm in NYC. Had it with all the sides, too. Asparagus, potatoes, salad. Afterwards, we took a walk and had sushi for dessert. Boy, those were the daze!

Did ya eat it like Meg Ryan in "When Harry Met Sally?"

Back
Top Bottom