"Feasting on Asphalt" - our town!! - Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Hey, y'all. A couple of months ago I told you about Alton Brown visiting our little town and planning on featuring our local barbecue pit on his "Feasting on Asphalt" program.

Well, get ready. It will be on Food Network on August 25th. It will be included on the segment called "Take Me to the River." Look for Ricky Prince and Prince Pit Barbecue. The program is on at 8 p.m. Central Daylight Time.

Y'all watch, now!

Ricky's barbecue is sold at the restaurant right across the alley from our shop. Easy to get whenever we want. The "pit" is about 1/2 mile from our shop and he's open almost every day all year long. Sometimes Buck drives by with the car windows down so he can smell the delicious aroma coming from the pit.

Alton stopped into my Kitchen Store, nicest nicest man. Ate some choc chip cookie dough, raw of course. Said he likes living life dangerously and hoped I did not use pasteurized eggs. His whole crew was nice, they spent their three to four days off in Hannibal.

Way cool Julie Ann! I've always loved watching Alton Brown because I learn heaps from him. Its neat to know that he truly is a nice guy and holds up to his down to earth personality!

Well, boo-hiss. Looks like "our" Prince Pit ended up on the cutting room floor. The closest mention about our area was the Hickman-Dorena ferry and a slight reference to Paducah when it came to the barge segment.

Sorry, everyone! We were in hopes you'd get a peek into our little part of the world.

That is soooooo cool! We have no cable, or any tv for that matter, right now and that is what I miss the most... Food Network! I esp loved watching Alton. To see him in person would be fantastic.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom