February 14, 2023

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We ordered from our favourite Indian resto. We ordered chicken tikka, patiala lamb, onion bhajis, lamb samosas, and roti. We got naan instead of roti :ermm:. Roti is whole wheat; naan is not. We pulled some already cooked brown basmati out of the freezer. Other than the oops with the roti, the meal was very good. There was a mint sauce and a tamarind sauce to go with the lamb samosas. There is a decent amount of leftovers. :yum:

Attachments

• 2023-02-14 Sahib delivery meal small.jpg
    2023-02-14 Sahib delivery meal small.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 2023-02-14 Sahib, chicken tikka, patiala lamb, onion bhaji, lamb samosa small.jpg
    2023-02-14 Sahib, chicken tikka, patiala lamb, onion bhaji, lamb samosa small.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 3
I love Valentine's Day - even when I did not have a Valentine!

I made a meat and cheese appetizer, chocolate-covered strawberries, and love-letter sugar cookies. Together, we made steak, salad, mushrooms, and baked potatoes.

Attachments

• 2023-02-14 19.40.28-1.jpg
    2023-02-14 19.40.28-1.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 2023-02-14 18.10.19.jpg
    2023-02-14 18.10.19.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 2023-02-14 15.39.28-1.jpg
    2023-02-14 15.39.28-1.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 5
Oh so flattered you asked! First you rub the brisket with a mix of paprika, onion powder, finely ground black pepper, and garlic powder. Wrap tightly and refrigerate overnight.
Put the brisket in a slow cooker with a tablespoon of vegetable oil (or use a large pot on the stove) and add onion sliced in 1/2" rounds. Add 3c. of either beef or chicken stock, cover and cook on low heat for 3 to 4 hours. Remove the brisket and place on a cutting board or platter and cover loosely with foil. Meanwhile, whisk in enough flour to make a nice consistency gravy. Slice the brisket across the grain, and add enough gravy to moisten the meat.
If you need more details, just ask!

Ummm... isn't Rotisserie Crockpot (chicken) a bit of a... a... a... oxymoron?
I've been wondering what "crockpot rotisserie chicken" means. I notice that some of the skin on that chicken looks browned. Is it a rotisseried chicken that then goes in a crockpot?

taxy, I think it looks an like a lot of paprika, etc.

LOL, com'on bethz - give it up!
You might be right. That's what I thought when I looked at the thumbnail. But, once I clicked the thumbnail and clicked the picture to expand it some more, it started to look browned. There's a small dark spot on a wing tip that could be extra browned. Still can't say for sure from looking at the picture.

When was the last time you saw a rotisserie chicken? That chicken's lily white skin definitely looks like my spinster aunt's backside sneaking thru the woods to the outhouse.

When was the last time you saw a rotisserie chicken? That chicken's lily white skin definitely looks like my spinster aunt's backside sneaking thru the woods to the outhouse.
Well, yes, a store bought rotisserie chicken shouldn't look like that. That did cross my mind. But, if that chicken had been browned on one side, it could look something like that. I don't know what the bits I can't see look like.

My guess is that the seasoning blend that @bethzaring used was "Rotisserie Chicken". I buy it in bulk from the Amish store we hit up when we're back home. I rarely buy a store Rotisserie chicken now that I can get the same flavor at home. Not the same crispy skin, but I'm usually using the meat for a different dish.

Besides, there's stuffing in that bird. Little tough to rotisserie a stuffed chicken.

Pan-fried skirt steak, mashed potatoes, and steamed corn off the cob for dinner last night.

skirt_steak_021423_IMG_0698.jpg

Back
Top Bottom