Fight the Fire or Set it and Forget It?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hoppy1

Yoder Durango Chef
There are those of us that like to fight the fire with Stick Burners and there are those that like to set it and forget it with Pellet Cookers.....

What is your Preference........

Both Methods are Great Ways to Cook.

:supz::supz:

I make it an event or a process whatever you like to call it.
Nothin like knockin down 4 drinks as you play with fire for 4 hours.......:supz:

I make it an event or a process whatever you like to call it.
Nothin like knockin down 4 drinks as you play with fire for 4 hours.......:supz:

Or 10. Hours I mean, not drinks. Aww, hell. OK both.

I knock down the same drinks, probably more, but I still set it and forget it!
I can use sticks and set it and forget it and knock down some of those drinks or sleep. All at the same time. Well, not the drinks AND sleep at the same time. Sleep's after many of those drinks.:rolleyes:

I lost my facination with stick burners many moons ago. The strong points are hard to duplicate the flavor and on my big pit..just as an example.. I can do a bunch more offset than upright direct. So if I was to go nuts and try to cook for a crowd..it would have to be offset..if it were to be done all in one fell swoop. Me and Fred have knocked out 33 briskets cooked right on several occasions. Now being from an Era before offsets got popular..I never developed a taste for the real over smokey stuff. I especially dont like creosote. My ideal bbq is cooked super slow and direct over mesqute coals by drunk Chezks in S. Texas.

I am with you on the overly smokey flavor.... I just never acquired the taste for tree bark. So I do my homework when it comes to fueling for heat with wood so that I don't end up with bitter or creosote tasting meat. Rather a nice blend of Smoke and Meat Flavor.

I do enjoy fighting the fire I guess because I am so anal retentive and it's what had made it fun for me for over 35 years of cooking and I can't ever see myself "Sitting and Forgetting."

I have never had two cooks where everything went identical because I learn something from every cook and that is what keeps me cooking. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom