Flapjack Contest Chatter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The entrants are also the judges or as many family and friends they can wrangle to do the taste testing of all the pancakes. I will be making all the recipes, starting tomorrow and making a decision by 7/8/13 when the polls will be open.

Monday morning I will close this for entrants. This gives all judges and entrants a week to make pancakes. So if you want to enter, get your pancake recipe on here this weekend. Have fun!

These all sound like wonderful recipes. I routinely make Chief's recipe for us here at home but may try some of the others posted. I especially am intrigued with Steve's beer cakes. I will not be entering the contest since I don't have my own recipe but look forward to trying out the new ones and seeing how the contest goes.

Good luck to all the entrants!

Monday morning I will close this for entrants. This gives all judges and entrants a week to make pancakes. So if you want to enter, get your pancake recipe on here this weekend. Have fun!

When do the results have to be posted. I won't be able to make the pancakes until July 6th. Then, I'm having company over to act as judges for a blind taste test. Oh, and I'll do my absolute best to cook the pancakes from every recipe as well as I possibly can. I won't sabotage or burn any.:LOL:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

How about by the 8th? does that give everyone enough time for posting results? Then they can all be totaled and reported on the 9th, by me. If you want, you could all PM your results to me and Dawg, to add another layer of unbiased scrutiny.

How about by the 8th? does that give everyone enough time for posting results? Then they can all be totaled and reported on the 9th, by me. If you want, you could all PM your results to me and Dawg, to add another layer of unbiased scrutiny.

Gosh, between a teacher and a nurse one of us should be able to count...:ROFLMAO:

I was going to make them today, but my mother came over and brought a whole bunch of cherries, so I got stock make cherry preserves/jelly. OK, I do not mind, and love the end result, but now I'm to tired for pancakes and still have to make dinner. I like the idea of the 8-th.

I was going to make them today, but my mother came over and brought a whole bunch of cherries, so I got stock make cherry preserves/jelly. OK, I do not mind, and love the end result, but now I'm to tired for pancakes and still have to make dinner. I like the idea of the 8-th.

Charlie, I bet those cherry preserves would be a great topper for your pancakes. Yum! ;)

If they are local sour cherries Charlie, that is precisely what I will use on your recipe. I stillk have jelly from last year and intend to melt and use instead of syrup.

Bake all the pancake batter in a recipe. WIth leftovers, cool them completely, wrap airtight in plastic wrap and freeze. I think use within a reasonable amount of time, whatever that means. To reheat, defrost in the frig, put on a heat proof platter in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes or so. Good as when they are first fried.

If they are local sour cherries Charlie, that is precisely what I will use on your recipe.

Neah, it is too early for local ones, though they are strting to get red, but not ready just yet. But I do love sour cherries jelly, super yum and great for baking. I have one three in my yeard, widh I had more, ut not enough room. These ones were regular bing cherries from the store.

Back
Top Bottom