Food & Beverages as Gifts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know how I missed this discussion--I love to bake and cook and give the results as gifts.
I bake a lot of breads, and almost everyone likes a good Italian, Foccacia, Cheese bread, or Onion oregano bread. I take a freshly baked, still slightly warm loaf to some one, and also one wrapped for their freezer.
I get the joy of baking, and I hope the recipient gets the joy of eating!
bread.jpg

I don't know how I missed this discussion--I love to bake and cook and give the results as gifts.
I bake a lot of breads, and almost everyone likes a good Italian, Foccacia, Cheese bread, or Onion oregano bread. I take a freshly baked, still slightly warm loaf to some one, and also one wrapped for their freezer.
I get the joy of baking, and I hope the recipient gets the joy of eating!
View attachment 61660
I can't wait for it to cool off here in The West so that I can bake bread again.
Now, DH isn't keen on me giving away yummy breads and especially @salt and pepper and @Andy M. Cast Iron Rolls, OH MAN!!!

I'm getting a jump start on my Christmas Gifts.
This year, I'm going to put together different kinds of sachets of Mulling Spices.
I have some oranges that are just too sour to eat, so I sliced them thinly, put them in the Air Fryer to basically dehydrate.
I also sliced some fresh Ginger and put that in the microwave to dry out.
IMG_2122.JPG

I went through my spice rack and I have on hand mostly what I'd like to use, as well those cute little reusable cotton tea bags that I'll stuff everything into.
Now I need to dream up a packaging idea... I'd like to purchase inexpensive small pots to keep on the back burner, over a low heat to make the house smell "Christmas-y".
Mulling Spices are really nice in just a pot of water.

I needed to buy a dozen small gifts before the holidays and found this great selection of health gifts.

I bought them from an online store. Christmas sale, and I happened to be there the day it was 15% off. Gifting with vitamin supplements is a healthy way to show your love, affection, and appreciation to your loved ones this holiday season.

Screenshot_9.jpg

Kgirl, somehow I ended (started?) up at the beginning of this thread. As I was reading thru I noticed you said that your gas stoves don't work during a power failure. (see post #20) Were you talking cooking stoves or fireplace stoves?
Cooking stoves do work in a power failure. Not the ovens, which depend on an electronic thermometer, but the stove top burners do. Of course the electric sparkers don't work, but you start them with a match!
Light you match*, turn on the burner, push your match towards the burner and it's lit!
Good old fashion way to light a gas burner.

*or better still use one of those long handled lighters they use for BBQ's. Especially for people with shaky fingers LOL. They are so cheap, often sold at the checkout counters. And they last forever!

From what I have heard, there are some gas stoves that won't turn on the gas in the top burners if the sparker / starter isn't working. Apparently, some of those stoves have a button somewhere to make it work in a power outage. Worth finding out if and where the button is.

Interesting taxy - I've owned more than 7 gas stoves (ok, ok, 2 were antiques :blush: ) and never heard of that issue.

OK, so I checked with Prof. Google and sure enough, it seems it is a feature. How annoying and how indicative of the new generation and modern society. It's one thing to not know how to use a rotary phone (much less even know what it is) but it is another thing to not know how to turn on and use a gas stove.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom