Food for finals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

masteraznchefjr

Sous Chef
Rawr >< so final exams are coming up and I do not want to be like a typical engineering student eating cup o noodles and do not want to spend a lot of money eating out because los angeles food is expensive.

Any ideas of what I can make quickly during the weekend in bulk that can last me until Thursday for lunch and dinner?

Pulled pork...spice some up for burritos and put BBQ sauce on the rest. Make up some coleslaw dressing (1/2 c. mayo, 1 T sugar, 1 T cider vinegar, 1/2 tsp celery seeds) and buy a bag of cabbage slaw and one of broccoli slaw, switch them out each day. Some refries or some rice and you'll be set.

Make a big pot of chili...you can have it as chili, you can make a taco salad with it using bagged salad, you could server it over pasta or rice.

A pan of lasagana?

Meat Loaf?

How about a batch of meatballs? Mix 2 lbs ground beef with salt, pepper, and 1 egg. If you have it you can add parmesian cheese, chopped garlic, chopped parsley. Spay a baking dish with non-stick spray. Make your meatballs, place them in the dish and bake at 350 till done. with canned gravy you can have them with pasta or rice or potatoes, you can add sauce and make meatballs and pasta, or meatball subs.

I would forget bulk. You have the rest of your life to eat bulk food. On this occasion I suggest brain food:

Mixed nuts, fish, broccoli, bananas, pomegranate and/or cranberry juice.

And no added fats, such as deep fried breading or starches, potatoes, cheese, white rice, non-multigrain bread or vegetable oils. Foods such as these could, however slightly, diminish a clear mind... the kind needed to pass your exams with every scrap of advantage you can give it!

And good luck to you! ;)

I agree with Selkie. I read that two foods you should eat when you have a big test are eggs and blueberries. There was another, but I can't remember what it was. Milk is also good right before you need to use your brains. :cool:

:)Barbara

Thanks!

Well I failed my hydrology final today : (... or just too many people cheated by putting examples and solutions of homework on their formula sheet so the curve is ruined...

I look forward to consuming tons of nuts and fish until my last final on Thursday.

for several days of food- i'd cook some lentil soup (rinsed & sorted lentils/soup-base or stock/ham/celery/onion & carrot dices/seasonings)- this & bread, mmmmm.
roast a few chix, then there is soup, sammiches of that, lettuce, tomato, mayo, chix sliced onto a lettuce salad; or a mayo-based salad on bread.
or a roast beef. beef/gravy on bread (i often use potato flakes instead of cooking taters & packets of gravy bases), soup of mirepoix/beef/wide egg noodles cooked seperately/stock or soup-base, etcetra), leftover sliced roast & sliced/cubed cheddar & some hanover pretzels & mustard.....
or bake a generous casserole of macaroni/cheese. broccoli florets.
pasta! that could be stored in zip-bags. there's so many ways a pasta gets used. could get the jarred sauces & get a couple kinds or make your own.
woah, those finals, sheesh! we get them often since my classes change so often.

how about getting a bunch of tuna? you can make tuna melts easily, also can make tuna salads..

or you can make a huge batch of pasta salad and keep it in the fridge. a cool pasta salad recipe i made a while ago was sun dried tomatoes, black olives, basil leaves, mozarella, with a honey pomegranate glaze on top of the pasta.

Rawr >< so final exams are coming up and I do not want to be like a typical engineering student eating cup o noodles and do not want to spend a lot of money eating out because los angeles food is expensive.

Any ideas of what I can make quickly during the weekend in bulk that can last me until Thursday for lunch and dinner?

Pot of ham and beans, Chili, spaghetti with sauce.. To break up the meals keep peanut butter and maple syrup on hand. Great energy food, just put peanut butter on toast on a plate, pour maple syrup over the top. You can almost live on that stuff!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom