Fools' Day Eve Dinner - 3/31/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a steamed artichoke and a fresh fruit salad around 4 this afternoon. Warm day today, and still 84F now at 5PM.

We just picked up a package of skirt steak from Costco so you know what that means...
C A R N E__A S A D A on the Weber kettle. Plenty of freshly made salsa, plus bier.

Last edited:
Surf N Turf...kinda.

I portioned out the leftover "lemon shrimp pasta" into individual casseroles, topped them with buttered bread crumbs with parm, and browned them in the toaster oven.
Wow..the crispy cheese buttered bread crumbs were just the right touch.

The "turf" was la petite bacon wrapped filet mignon, pan fried to rare perfection, and steamed broccoli for the nod to the green.

The Joys of Cooking. NOT!

I made - am making - some slow cooker Hawaiian chicken with pineapple with rice. I started at 9:30. PM. It's finally in the slow cooker.

First you cut up chicken into chunks, then add them to a bag of corn starch and shake to get them covered. I thought I sealed the bag. It wasn't.

So after I got done cleaning the counter and the floor, I got the chicken into the slow cooker and started on the sauce. First time ever my brown sugar's gotten hard. So I take a spoon and try digging it out. The spoon flips a bucket load of brown sugar all over.

So after I got done cleaning the counter and the floor - AGAIN - I finally got everything mixed together and threw it over the chicken. It's supposed to take 2 hours on high. I guess I'll be eating at midnight.

Next time I do this I'm starting with some whine in the cook first. A lot of whine. Salud! :chef:

Last edited:
Leftovers. My turn for the corned beef and cabbage, Himself's turn for the ribs and mac-and-cheese. Both all gone! Had to make room in the fridge for Easter fixin's.

Back
Top Bottom