For those of you who live in Ontario

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice clip! Thanks for that. I love Rick Mercer, too. I especially loves when he goes after politicians.

I live about a 40 minute drive from Algonquin Park. My inlaws are just outside of the park near a village called Whitney, which is a gateway. We have been through it a few times. There is something special about unblemished wilderness. I recomend this place to anybody who likes camping, canoeing, hiking or just taking a nice drive through.

Last edited:
I love that clip. But, I love lots of Rick Mercer's stuff. How did you happen to find that?

The link was sent to me as a humorous e-mail. I have also now done a search on U-Tube for Rick Mercer, and there is a lot of his stuff on there which I plan on viewing as I find time. The last one I watched was for Americans... "Understanding Canada" in which he summarizes how Canadian politics works. :ROFLMAO:

The link was sent to me as a humorous e-mail. I have also now done a search on U-Tube for Rick Mercer, and there is a lot of his stuff on there which I plan on viewing as I find time. The last one I watched was for Americans... "Understanding Canada" in which he summarizes how Canadian politics works. :ROFLMAO:

And it's 99% accurate. It's even funnier if you know who the people are in the pix.

It's a good explanation for most Canadians too. As he mentions, 75% of Canadians don't know the queen is our head of state.

LOL.. I just watched a few of his shows, I have seen him before. He is hilarious. I don't know why the ones who had no idea what they were saying just said, I don't know??? instead of making themselves look stupid lol. I love how he got governor's and leaders to say ridiculous things.
Jean Poutine

... now I want poutine.

LOL.. I just watched a few of his shows, I have seen him before. He is hilarious. I don't know why the ones who had no idea what they were saying just said, I don't know??? instead of making themselves look stupid lol. I love how he got governor's and leaders to say ridiculous things.
Jean Poutine

... now I want poutine.

He's on CBC on Tuesdays at 20h00 and there is usually a repeat on Friday. It's the show I miss most, now that my TV is dead.

Ah.. we don't have cable :) We use the internet for entertainment.

Saph, for you, and our American friends, you can catch most of his best work here - MercerReports on Youtube.

You don't have to be from Ontario to appreciate the bear tagging or the hilarity of the Mercer Report. All three of us love it here and this is one of my favourite episodes.....along with him bungie jumping with Jan Arden! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

They are funny, but informative as well. Thanks, Selkie for bring this up!

Selkie, I didn't closely read all your posts before I wrote mine (specifically regarding him on Youtube. But the link I gave shows it all on his official Youtube page. Sorry about that.

I started watching those already Laurie lol... love it... Congratulations Canada, for protecting your national igloo.
Congratulations Canada on achieving 1 mil population.

Yes, I would consider Rick Mercer a Canadian Treasure for the way he mixes information and humour! But of course part of being Canadian is the ability to laugh at ourselves! :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom