Forum Update - We're back! Ask your questions here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No more "thank you" quick thingy?
Use the like button on the bottom right of post. There are several options to choose from.

like-1.jpg

like-2-IMG_0051.PNG

Thanks! I did see the Like button and have used it...I did like the "Thank you" as a quick way to make a private comment, upon occasion.
If I could add, if you'd like to do a quick hit to someone, try quoting that post, typing @GinnyPNW ... oh and hit that members name in the drop down box) which is called a mention, that person will receive a notice (ie the little bell in the upper right hand corner of your name, if there are multiple notifications, hit that bell 2 times to view them all at once) that you were talking about them, or do an actual Private Message by utilizing the "start conversation", by 'hovering over that member, it that button and voila!

I think it will be helpful if we each mention which device we're having issues with. I'm not sure, but it may make a difference between phone with app, phone using website, laptop, etc.

I saw "Jump to New" in the subject bar at the top of the screen on the right side on both my phone and laptop.

I like the new forum look! I need to do some exploring. I'm curious to see the size limits on photos. The old software limits were pretty small.

CD

I'm slowly getting used to the new software. As someone who NEVER wants things to change, that's saying something.

Quick question. I have been clicking on the WHAT'S New tab to read the newest stuff. That works out well for me.

Where can I find the MARK FORUMS READ button?

I can't find Jump to new either. It seems to be missing on this page. I don't know why it isn't at the top of every page.

I did find it on this thread at the top of the page -

View attachment 61661
I see it sometimes. No, it doesn't seem to work correctly. There doesn't seem to be a way to go directly to the first post that I haven't read, when I am looking at the list of new posts. For this thread, I clicked the last post. Unfortunately, that was on the next page after the last one I had read and there were a bunch of other new posts in between.

I see it sometimes. No, it doesn't seem to work correctly. There doesn't seem to be a way to go directly to the first post that I haven't read, when I am looking at the list of new posts. For this thread, I clicked the last post. Unfortunately, that was on the next page after the last one I had read and there were a bunch of other new posts in between.
I think I figured out the "Jump to new" thingee. It only shows up if the forum thinks there are posts that you haven't seen. That's the same as with the old forum's "go to first new post" button. The problem with it not seeming to jump correctly is because the forum doesn't always know which post we have seen with the old forum software. That should straighten itself as we see the old posts here and it sets the cookies or however it keeps track.

I'm slowly getting used to the new software. As someone who NEVER wants things to change, that's saying something.

Quick question. I have been clicking on the WHAT'S New tab to read the newest stuff. That works out well for me.

Where can I find the MARK FORUMS READ button?
The upper left side of a forum page contains an option titled FORUMS together with a downward pointing triangle. Click on the triangle to see the Mark forums read option.

So...I get the like button...but is there a way to see who liked the post?
It's in the list called "Your news feed". Sometimes, if you click the bar below the post, when it has a circle with a thumbs-up, it will show who reacted. It may only work on your own posts. Let me know if you figure out more.

The upper left side of a forum page contains an option titled FORUMS together with a downward pointing triangle. Click on the triangle to see the Mark forums read option.
Does anyone know which forums that marks as read? If it just said forum (singular), I would assume the one which is being viewed. But, it worries me that I might be marking all forums read, since it is written as a plural. Or maybe all subforums of the parent forum.

Does anyone know which forums that marks as read? If it just said forum (singular), I would assume the one which is being viewed. But, it worries me that I might be marking all forums read, since it is written as a plural. Or maybe all subforums of the parent forum.
The one in this image is the Mark All Forums Read link.

1663360306864.png

The one in the next image is for the forum that you are currently reading only.

1663360427998.png

The problem with it not seeming to jump correctly is because the forum doesn't always know which post we have seen with the old forum software.
I think you may have this right. When we changed forum software, it doesn't seem to remember read/un-read from the old forum. I think everyone should use the Mark Forums Read button up top, just this one time in order to reset your personal "read details". After that, threads with new posts should start positioning you properly at the first post un-read by you.

It's in the list called "Your news feed". Sometimes, if you click the bar below the post, when it has a circle with a thumbs-up, it will show who reacted. It may only work on your own posts. Let me know if you figure out more.
I figured out what I was looking for...if you double click the bar with the thumbs up, a pop-up shows who liked that post. Thanks for trying guys!!

Another question re: 'Mark Forums Read'.

With the old software, marking the forums read resulted in their dropping off your feed. When a new thread came up, the marked ones were no longer displayed. For me that's a cleaner way to display what you want. With this new software, all the marked read threads still appear. They're just not bolded.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom