Freezing stock....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

K Kruger

Senior Cook
I have three 4-cup separators (very handy when doing stocks) and a 1.5-cup. I really prefer the glass ones but I've broken quite a few.

I gotta get one of the separater gizmos. I always just set the pan outside on the deck. Seven months of the year it gets cold real quick and then I scrape the fat off with a spatula. TexLaw is right the stuff will keep a long time with no fat. I make up demi glace (sp?) and freeze it. It's also about time to make some more Worchestershire sauce. That's fun to make and tastes great. You get to grind up massive amounts of horseradish, and a bunch of anchovies and other stuff, and then boil the bejesus out of it.

Griff

Griff said:
It's also about time to make some more Worchestershire sauce. That's fun to make and tastes great. You get to grind up massive amounts of horseradish, and a bunch of anchovies and other stuff, and then boil the bejesus out of it.

Griff
I thought I was the only one left who made Worcestershire!
I have the opposite problem when making a demi: I would have no choice but to fill the fridge shelves with it and wait for the fat to congeal. For at least 7 months a year I could (almost!) reduce it by putting it out on the deck--it's hot enough out there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom