Fresh beets and not so fresh ones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Again, if it´s fresh, and cooked from fresh, it´s going to taste much, much better than something that´s been processed and canned and preserved. No doubt about it, in my mind.

karade - absolutely no doubt in my mind about that!

still, it doesn't mean that sometimes convenience outweighs, plus there are times I will sacrifice a bit of taste to not having any at all. ;)

karade - absolutely no doubt in my mind about that!

still, it doesn't mean that sometimes convenience outweighs, plus there are times I will sacrifice a bit of taste to not having any at all. ;)

I agree.

When you have limited time or energy, you pick your battles. Also, when there is limited availability.

I agree.
When you have limited time or energy, you pick your battles. Also, when there is limited availability.

Oh quite agree, TL and Dragn - there are times when folks don´t have the time, don´t have the health or simply don´t want to cook.
All I´m trying to say is that I´d choose fresh over canned or supermarket-prepared any day, because fresh is tastier and probably way cheaper.

Cheaper for sure! But they can certainly be doctored up to be palatable. I'll just check out my spice cupboard in a minute. :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom