Friday, 11 August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
:chef: I am actually cooking tonight!! (tomorrow as well, but I'll save that for tomorrow).

I'm making percitelli (it's a thick spaghetti type pasta with a hole down the center of the tube) with sauteed clams, anchovies, tomatoes and mushrooms. Before serving, the pasta is tossed with a hot pepper olive oil, and then toasted breadcrumbs are sprinkled on top.

Lemon budino for dessert.

Martinis with a twist to drink.

sneak peak for tomorrow....frenched lamb chops with mint salsa.....

Not sure what is for dinner tonight - I am going to the market today so I will see what pops out at me. It might be chicken, maybe ribs, or if it is a bad teething day for my son, take out pizza.

Shrimp... sauted iin butter onions and garlic served with rice and fried zucchini

or

a grilled cheese sandwich

it depends on Paul. Hunting season started last weekend. If he goes out to the woods tonight I'll have the sandwich
if he's home I'll make the shrimp.

Just finished up the sushi rice; it'll be kappamaki followed by Sambuca for me. The woman despises anise, so she can stick with her incredibly cheap blackberry wine... :LOL:

Barb L said:
Your Percitelli sounds great-- would love the recipe !:)

Last week, I made stuffed clams and had about a dozen left over. I froze them. So, today, I'm going to spoon the breading off the top and save that for sprinkling on top of the pasta. The breading is made with breadcrumbs, anchovy fillets, grated cheese, a couple of garlic cloves and salt and pepper. All that goes in the food processor till sand textured.

Cook the pasta till al dente. Brown the bread crumb mixture in a sautee pan till golden and aromatic.

In a large sautee pan, sautee chopped garlic and chopped anchovy fillets in oil, then add chopped and seeded tomatoes and sliced mushrooms. Sautee for about 5 minutes. Add the clams (shucked from the shell), cook for another 3-4 mintues. Salt and pepper to taste. Add the cooked pasta to coat, and then drizzle on about 1/3 cup of seasoned olive oil. Transfer to bowls and sprinkle bread crumbs on top.

Hope you like it!

It's the community picnic weekend and we are in charge of the Lion's food booth so it will be brats, cotton candy and crepes for us all weekend (yes, I know, bad combo of foods but they didn't want repeats in the booths ...).
VeraBlue, yours sounds much more wonderful than mine! Enjoy!

Is lemon budino like a cake?

Tonight my grandfather's cooking the lamb, and I'm making baqali polow (rice with fava? beans and dill), with some eggplant on the side.
For dessert will be mocha pudding with banana slices. If I manage to succesfully make pudding, that is. Otherwise just banana slices.

Just want to thank you so very much for the recipe, I truely appreciate it. I am a devoted fan of Food Network- :rolleyes: I have bookmarked so many recipes -- now I just have to try them. They all sound so good ! Thanks again !!:) Barb L.

Youngest son called an ask for cioppino, so that is what's on our menu tonight. Cioppino, with scallops,crab,oystes,clams,shrimp, true cod...in thick tomato,garlic, onion sauce,and herbs. Lots of french bread to sop up the sauce and green salad..I made Crewsk's sponge cake and we are having that for dessert topped with either blackberries or strawberries and whiipped cream.

kadesma:)

marmar said:
Is lemon budino like a cake?

Tonight my grandfather's cooking the lamb, and I'm making baqali polow (rice with fava? beans and dill), with some eggplant on the side.
For dessert will be mocha pudding with banana slices. If I manage to succesfully make pudding, that is. Otherwise just banana slices.

A budino is like a pudding/souffle. It's light with lots of egg whites, but it's also baked in a water bath.

You have to tell me how your pudding came out. I think mocha with banana is a very interesting combination.

kadesma said:
Youngest son called an ask for cioppino, so that is what's on our menu tonight. Cioppino, with scallops,crab,oystes,clams,shrimp, true cod...in thick tomato,garlic, onion sauce,and herbs. Lots of french bread to sop up the sauce and green salad..I made Crewsk's sponge cake and we are having that for dessert topped with either blackberries or strawberries and whiipped cream.

kadesma:)

That sounds wonderful. A question...what do you mean by 'true' cod? How's the french bread in california?

VeraBlue said:
That sounds wonderful. A question...what do you mean by 'true' cod? How's the french bread in california?
Vera,
that is how it's labeled here. To me cod is cod:LOL: And the French and Italian breads are pretty good. I don't buy much from the markets, but use a bakery for really good breads. I love making it myself,but with 4 grandkids underfoot,it wasn't in the cards today:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom