Friday Dinner Plans 9/14?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
SO and I have a routine we go through most days. Even though it's my job to make dinner, I ask her what's for dinner hoping to get a suggestion of something she is craving. It usually works.

This noon I asked her what's for dinner and she responded with a wise crack and walked off downstairs. A few minutes later she reappeared with a frozen ribeye, tossed it to me and walked off. Can't complain about her choice.

So, later on I'll be reverse searing that ribeye for dinner with a salad and a veggie.

I'm defrosting some chicken chili tamales from TJ's. I haven't used them before so we'll see how it goes. I'll be making a sauce to top them along with grated cheese, cilantro and sour cream. I think I have a ripe avocado too.

I don't like plain tamales.
SC will be making the salads as usual.

Andy, is SO still making your salads?

Last edited:
...Andy, is SO still making your salads?

Yes, she is. I appreciate her doing that. I don't like making salads. As winter approaches, my salad consumption will drop to almost zero and hot veggies will replace them.

I know I typed this before, but it got lost in the interwebs.:huh:

Andy's steaks sounded good, so I pulled one out of the freezer. I'll cook it sous vide and sear. Some fresh potato salad on the side.

CD

I'm not really sure yet. My daughter and SIL were invited to her boss's home for an Indian feast, so Tyler will be here for dinner. There's leftover steak from yesterday, taco/burrito fixin's, and plenty of veggies and fruits. I figured I'll just let him look through the fridge and see what he wants, and I'll go along with whatever. :)

Last edited:
Stewed sausage in some tomatoes, polenta..maybe the last cucumber from the garden

Attachments

• 41790428_2339240722756261_2555431053502185472_n.jpg
    41790428_2339240722756261_2555431053502185472_n.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 116
Pork chops, skin on redskin potato salad w/ sour cream- green onion dressing,
sautéed young carrots. Potatoes and carrots from the farmer's market.

I put a couple of chicken breasts in the slow cooker and then covered them with half a package of Ranch dressing mix and some butter slices. After they cooked for about 2 hours, I added some chopped potatoes and the rest of the Ranch dressing mix and the rest of the sliced butter.

We'll see how those turn out.

Thanks muchly, beth! It was pretty tasty, too, with a bit of leftover ham from this week and some rotisserie chicken I bought yesterday to deconstruct for soup next week.

+3, CG....your salad looks wonderful! :yum: I love lots of crunchy veggies. I don't mind making loaded up salads.

From the dining room table I can see the TV in the living room, so I usually just bring all the veggies to the table along with a couple of cutting boards, and chop away while I sit there halfway watching TV. :LOL:

Last edited:
Rock, polenta would make wood shavings taste like gourmet! We love it, too.

+3, CG....your salad looks wonderful!...
Thanks, Kayelle and Cheryl.

...From the dining room table I can see the TV in the living room, so I usually just bring all the veggies to the table along with a couple of cutting boards, and chop away while I sit there halfway watching TV. :LOL:
I cheated on that salad. I got a back of triple-washed butter lettuce as a shopping bonus for spending $15 bucks yesterday. Normally, though, I wash and blot dry all of my greens. I have a small TV in the corner of the kitchen counter, about 2-3 feet from the sink. Himself shortened the legs of an old bar stool so I could scoot it up to the sink area. I open the door on the base cabinet, push the plastic basket with dishwashing supplies back far enough so I can tuck my feet into the cabinet, and work away on greens and veggies. Sometimes, if I have a lot of fresh lettuce in the fridge, I'll clean and dry it and pack it into my own plastic bags, ready for the next time I want salad. Some days, if I could only be happy with just tomato and a couple of olives, I could have salads ready in five minutes. Alas, I like them really garbaged up! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom