Friday Food! AKA What's for dinner? 10/17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sick as a dog here. i just didn't feel like cooking and i didn't have the energy to go out, so i went freezer spelunking and came up with pork and peppers. i'll have that with colavita rigatoni.

buckytom: Hope you'll be back to your old self again really soon! Take care.

DH wants to take me out to dinner tonight. We haven't decided yet where we're going. Will report back later.

We went to our favorite Thai restaurant, Bangkok Garden. For openers, we shared an order of fresh spring rolls, DH had a cucumber martini and I had a ginseng martini. Mmm, that was delicious! Then I had shrimp pad Thai and DH had stir-fried shrimp with pea pods. The sauce tasted like it had oyster sauce in it - very savory.

We had a very nice dinner, except for the guy at a table nearby who seemed to think he knew more about making Thai food than the four staff members he called over to speak to about it. He seemed to think he was a judge on Top Chef, with all his detailed comments about the noodles picking up the sauce, which could have been a tad sweeter to balance the lime and on and on. As I left, I made a point to interrupt and tell the staff member he was speaking to then that DH and I have been enjoying their food and the beautiful restaurant for many years and thanked her for a wonderful evening.

Attachments

• 2014-10-17 20.16.42.jpg
    2014-10-17 20.16.42.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
was the restaurant on a ship in rough seas, gg?

:D

thank you cg, cheryl, and el joanne. i'm feeling a bit better today.

Back
Top Bottom