Friday Night Date Night Dinner ~ 9/10/21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
I had an appointment in town this afternoon,
so all three of us went and had Linner (late Lunch/Early Dinner)
at this Italian joint that is owned and run by some
neighbors of ours.

IMG_0860.jpg
Spinach and Cheese Ravs for Moi

IMG_0861.jpg
A Rueben-style Panini for Mom

IMG_0862.jpg
DH's usual, 10" Cheese Pizza and a side Salad

For dessert, we all shared two scoops of homemade Gelato,
1 scoop Coconut and the other Chocolate Cannoli, YUM!
No photo, sorry.

We also got a Cannoli to go for Mom's second dessert
later tonight :LOL:

Pan fried NY strip, Trader Joe's fresh Peas & Lidl Beef Flavored Rice and Vermicelli.

steak_peas_rice_091021_IMG_8609.jpg

Mom had her normal, I had a ham sandwich on honey wheat with bibb lettuce and tomato, an english cucumber, watermelon, and 2 thin Pepperidge Farm cookies.

The weather is still perfect for grilling, so Stirling grilled some white wine & shallot sausages from La queue de cochon. I boiled some newish potatoes and made a leafy salad (sorrel, young rainbow chard, Romaine lettuce, red onion, radishes, habanada peppers, napa cabbage, cauliflower, and pecans) with the ever present batch vinaigrette. There was also a bit of sauerkraut. We had Toro Loco Rosé with that.

My plate

Grilled white wine and shallot sausage, boiled new potato, and salad with vinaigrette, Linda's p.jpg

Stirling's plate

Grilled white wine and shallot sausage, boiled new potato, and salad with vinaigrette, Stirling'.jpg

I had taken a Costco Boneless Pork Loin Chop out of the deep freeze the other day and it needed to be cooked.
Everyone said, no, I'm not hungry ... but I had to cook it!
Sous Vide'd it and it can wait until later.

IMG_0758.jpg

I also had a new-to-me Honey Nut Squash that I felt also needed to be at least cooked.

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

I timed it so that everything would be done at the same time and I could let it all cool and then put it away ... until the smells started to waft through the house... "Heh, what's that?"
:LOL:
We each had just a small plate of sliced Pork Chop and Squash, well DH had a chopped Salad, he doesn't care for any sort of squash.
Sorry no photo of the plated meal `cuz the vultures carried their plates away too quickly. :ROFLMAO:
It was delicious, I'll be going back to the Green Grocer to look for more of that Squash.
:yum:

Nice grilling weather here, too, tl. We were going to have leftovers tonight since it's Himself's first stargazing night down at the dairy farm he's set up his 'scope for the past five years. Well, farmer Kristen called to say that the skies were cloudy and it looked like rain. Um, we're about five air miles from the farm. We're also on a hill. Himself can see the skies practically to the farm. NACITS. [emoji38]

Anyway, I took advantage of the situation and sent Himself out to the grill with three chicken breasts seasoned with Trader Joe's African Smoke seasoning, one of our favorites. Sides were nuked corn off the cob with a dash of Tajin, a baked potato for Himself, and a bowl of watermelon and blueberries for me.
IMG_20210910_213550195.jpg

Back
Top Bottom